Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
It was the jeep dealer AutoNation that told me there is no written documentation on the powertrain warranty , which is obviously either ignorance or a bold lie.
Well, I would take that to mean that they don't keep spare copies of the printed warranty that's initially included in the glove box.

I mean, I bet I could go into any Jeep dealer, and ask to see a copy of the printed documentation that was in the glove box of a vehicle from four model years ago, that any dealer would be able to show me such.

If you are really missing the documents in your glove box, and are just looking to simply read a copy, here is a link:

http://www.jeep.com/crossbrand/6.7/warranty/pdf/2012_Jeep_warranty.pdf

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
The vehicle was purchased from a non Jeep dealer. Interestingly enough I remember one of the documents saying something along the lines of as is or something like that. Thats interesting cause according to that info posted, you cant sell something as [is] in Alabama.
The way I read that info posted, is that "as is" can't be simply implied. Those words have to be actually written on the documents.

If I read your post correctly, "as is" was indeed written on your documents as required by that law.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
You seriously need to get a lawyer involved. A friend of mine got an entirely NEW Jeep after having purchased a used Jeep, that kept getting inendated with water in numerous places. It was then found out FCA lied on a few details during the warranty work. It ended up being well worth his call.

·
Premium Member
7,077 Posts
Extensive work even if warranty will show up on the CarFax. The CarFax I got from my CDJR dealer not only shows the replacement of the rear diff about 19,000 miles, it shows the routine oil changes. (I bought it with 112K and now have about 117K on it). PO mentioned to me when I met him 4 months after I bought it, looking longing at it at a Scouting event. I think he regrets trading it off, but his two boys were getting too big for the back seat.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So today after 10 weeks I was finally put in a loaner for no charge. Chysler isfooting the charges. Funny enough it was a Buick.... Guess they are worried shit the reliability of Chrysler:mooning:.

Still it's a lot nicer than I thought I'd get fully loaded brand new Buick lacrosse. And it's going to be mine for quite a while.

The new engine harness is ordered but it takes at least two weeks to ship because of the rhd aspect.

Plus the barness isn't gonna fix the problem so There is another week there figuring out the next move.. Assuming that Chrysler finally ponies up, and replaces the block. That's another week on order and 1 to two to get it dropped in.
I can't imagine a wiring harness requiring a core charge I wonder if they'd let me keep the old one as a spare if that turns out not to fix it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You have way more patience than I do.
well no matter how you slice it. Right not Chrysler is playing nice. And it may not be a bad Idea to talk to a lawyer in the next week or so but as soon as I do, it is likely that they will get not nice. A lawyer costs money and chrysler has more of that than I do. Now I am upset it took this long to get a rental but that apparently was more Autonation's fault cause when I talked to the rep she was like I assumed you had been put in a loaner from the beginning and she immediately told the dealer its on Chrysler.

Plus the seem determined to replace every component under my hood. And if the harness doesnt fix it the only things left are the computer and the engine. It will be totally worth all this time if I end up with a free engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well no matter how you slice it. Right not Chrysler is playing nice. And it may not be a bad Idea to talk to a lawyer in the next week or so but as soon as I do, it is likely that they will get not nice. A lawyer costs money and chrysler has more of that than I do. Now I am upset it took this long to get a rental but that apparently was more Autonation's fault cause when I talked to the rep she was like I assumed you had been put in a loaner from the beginning and she immediately told the dealer its on Chrysler.

Plus the seem determined to replace every component under my hood. And if the harness doesnt fix it the only things left are the computer and the engine. It will be totally worth all this time if I end up with a free engine.
Glad to hear that Chrysler did the right thing and put you in a rental car. Say what you want at least things are now moving in the right direction. Next up once the repair is complete you should politely request for a payment or two depending on how long the vehicle is down. This shouldn't be a problem since the repair is taking forever.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Glad to hear that Chrysler did the right thing and put you in a rental car. Say what you want at least things are now moving in the right direction. Next up once the repair is complete you should politely request for a payment or two depending on how long the vehicle is down. This shouldn't be a problem since the repair is taking forever.
Like a car note paymen? Maybe I should, but I tell ya what if they replace the engine eventually all this bs would be 100 percent worth it.

If the harness fixes the problem maybe I will make that request.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes a car note payment. They have allocations for this and since your car has been down and out for so long it's not unreasonable for them to compensate you for the time that you haven't had your vehicle to enjoy. Also the fact that you haven't gone legal and have been patient with this dealer should help you in this case.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Getting a new engine

I still have not talked to a lawyer. Mostly because , although taking their sweet time with ridiculous test after test (pretty sure the guys at chrysler corporate dont understand how an engine works), they have been covering all the costs and have at least been actively doing something. I have been hoping that if I let them do this long enough that I might get a 0 mileage engine.

The new wiring harness did not fix the problem and neither did the PCM. So the list of things replaced thus far is as follow: right head 2x, cam phasers, cams, injectors, coils, Wiring harness, and PCM.

Last week they removed the engine and took it apart, although they couldnt find anything wrong with the pistons/cylinders/etc. They ordered a brand new short block. We are currently at 4.5 weeks but I have to say that a 0 mileage engine is a worth while reward for my patience.

Now the idea is that the new engine will make the problem go away since we have replaced literally almost everything. The only parts that havent been replaced that I can think of is the timing chains, which i intend to find out if they plan on reusing the old ones or replacing them the new short block. I'd think it would be really funny if they got the engine in and it turned out to be a stretched timing chain or something but I have been keeping my mouth shut in hopes that they will replace the engine for free, which seems to be coming to fruition.

The oldest component in the long block at this point would be the left head and the intake since the right head is brand new. and i guess the accessories but im not counting them. The left head was replaced under warranty a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Lemon law that bad boy and get a different jeep? Now unless they replace the engine, you'll be driving around in an engine that's been torn into several times. What happens when your out of warranty?
First thing I kind of thought. Lemon law wont work - but I'd highly consider trading it in when it's fixed and get a 2015 or 2016. I know that money may be an issue here, but it's a now or later issue. Pay now and trade it in, have a full warranty and add a lifetime warranty in the loan to boot - or pay later if it breaks again - either money or time or both.

My friend is coming into town at 8am and we're going to the dealer for her 2013 JKU to get a new waterpump under warranty. It's been squealing and needs replacing. They won't give her a loaner because they said they only can do that for 2014+ per FCA - even though it's under warranty. I'm driving her around tomorrow while they replace it for her so she can go to work and stuff. I just hope they actually do the job right.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
First thing I kind of thought. Lemon law wont work - but I'd highly consider trading it in when it's fixed and get a 2015 or 2016. I know that money may be an issue here, but it's a now or later issue. Pay now and trade it in, have a full warranty and add a lifetime warranty in the loan to boot - or pay later if it breaks again - either money or time or both.

My friend is coming into town at 8am and we're going to the dealer for her 2013 JKU to get a new waterpump under warranty. It's been squealing and needs replacing. They won't give her a loaner because they said they only can do that for 2014+ per FCA - even though it's under warranty. I'm driving her around tomorrow while they replace it for her so she can go to work and stuff. I just hope they actually do the job right.
I dont agree with that logic. Im gonna hold onto my 12 since it will have a 0 mileage engine.

If i have to replace the engine on my own dime in the future its getting a v8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do realize this was several years ago but did they ever find a solution to your Problem. I read this whole thread thinking I would get an answer to what is wrong with mine and it stopped. Please let us know the outcome and what was replaced to solve the issue.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts