Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So Im doing a lift on a 2015 Sahara, I am and have been a mechanic for 16 years but have never actually installed a lift kit. I mostly work on imports, High horsepower, Race cars, Formula BMW etc... Im looking for a 3" kit that comes with everything, Does this exist? I'm not looking for a crazy off road car, Its for the wife, she may take it out once in a wile...

Id like to keep the kit under $1200, But I want to do it right.

Any thoughts Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also did some reading that under 4" I shouldnt have to worry about the drive shaft. Is this correct? Do I need a slip yoke eliminator? I read also track bars would be a good Idea as well as the rear Trac bracket. Shocks and springs I want for sure, Is there a good fox setup thats in that price range? Im open to ideas here

·
Registered
814 Posts
SYE=no.

Stock driveshaft are actually not the worst but on a 15 with that amount of lift will need to address contacting the exhaust up front.

Fox is good but you could spend the $1200 budget on shocks alone

Some aev or equivalent drop brackets/nice shocks and a set of springs and your close to budget.

I would at least get a new beefier front track bar-the rear you can get away with stock and an axle bracket.

You didn't mention tire size or auto/manual. Depending on what size tire you go with could also require a tuner and on and on....lol

There are more complete kits than others but you need to figure out exactly what your goal is or you will be forever adding to the list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The Mopar kit comes in a 2.0 and 4.0... everything you need... drive shaft, sway bar links... track tower... the 2.0 nets out to much more (closer to 3+). The Mopar comes with Fox shocks.

There are quite a few good kits in that price range. AEV, Mopar, Terraflex are all popular choices.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I did a JKS JSpec 2.5" kit on my Jeep and added a rear adjustable track bar, rear adjustable sway bar links, and adjustable front lower control arms. My entire lift was probably closer to $1600 than $1200, but I have to say that I'm really happy with the results.

·
Super Moderator
6,788 Posts
There are a number of threads on here about lifts. There are a lot of options that will work well. First thing is to determine what you what from the lift. What type of driving / offroading are you going to do. What is more important to you, on road ride quality or off road articulation.
Also, what size tires are you going to run.
The more research / effort you put into it before throwing money at it the better your chances of not having to do it twice. What works best for one may or may not be the best for someone else.
Also, most 2" - 2.5" spring lifts will give you upwards of 3"+, unless your Jeep is very heavy (metal bumpers, winch, racks, etc). When they rate the lift height they tend to assume your Jeep is heavier than stock. No one wants to sell someone a 2.5" lift and have them pissed off because they only got 2.25" of lift. So everyone seems to under rate their spring lifts. Spacer lifts are different, a 2.5" spacer gives you 2.5" of lift.
Also, every time you call a Jeep a car God kills a kitten.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So most likely 35" tires If I can do 37" cool but no biggie, This will really be street only, just for looks but dont want to just do a body lift.

Okay so This is what ive been looking at,
https://www.extremeterrain.com/jks-jspec-25-lift-jku-102K.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-25-lift-kit-w-all-jk-1251002.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/skyjacker-rockready-25-hy-jk25bph.html

So between these three Im getting confused. Are these complete kits Minus the exhaust spacer...? Also Why do the brackets look different in each of these?

Do you have any Links of places/ Kits you have seen that would work for me? Im also looking for a simple install. Simple meaning I can do this in a mechanics garage without a lift. I dont think I have any tools to lift the body off the chassis. The Jspec looks simple but Thats why Im asking I have no clue.

·
Super Moderator
6,788 Posts
The TeraFlex 2.5" kit is highly regarded, but the common version is to get the kit without the shocks (cheaper) and go with Rancho shocks (either the RS9000 adjustable shocks or the RS5000 shocks).
https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...-4dr-teraflex-2-5in-basic-suspension-lift-kit
The JKS kit is likely fine, but I am not so sure about the Skyjacker kit. Out of those three I would put the TeraFlex kit first (with the Rancho RS5000 shocks as I don't need adjustable, but that is up to you), followed by the JKS kit and I would do with other options before the SJ kit. The JKS kit is more upscale than the TF kit, and it comes with things the TF kit does not have. Adding those things to the TF kit would bring it up closer to the cost of the JKS kit. I went with TF, and I added those things and more while keeping the cost close to the cost of the JKS kit. And I was able to pick and chose what I wanted (things like adjustable track bars front and rear, exhaust spacers, and cushy shocks).
There are lots of good kits out there. Which one you want depends on you.
Here are a couple threads on a couple different lifts.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/most-popular-lift-shock-setup-on-wf-1136938.html

and
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/mopar-2-inch-lift-77070088-with-fox-shocks-972321.html

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Hey guys!

So Im doing a lift on a 2015 Sahara, I am and have been a mechanic for 16 years but have never actually installed a lift kit. I mostly work on imports, High horsepower, Race cars, Formula BMW etc... Im looking for a 3" kit that comes with everything, Does this exist? I'm not looking for a crazy off road car, Its for the wife, she may take it out once in a wile...

Id like to keep the kit under $1200, But I want to do it right.

Any thoughts Thanks!!

Welcome to the world of Jeeps!

I highly recommend any lift kit from JKS. The JKS JSPEC JKontrol is a very inclusive kit and will give you the ride height/comfort that you're looking for. Another option would be the JKS JSPEC 2.5" Lift. Both are very good lift kits however the 2.5" is lower in price.

Here is a link to one of our past sweepstakes winners that had the 2.5" JKS Lift installed. He loves the way that it rides and has zero problems with the kit.

Let me know if you have any questions on either lift kit, and shoot me over a PM for the forum discount if you plan on ordering either kit!

-Jake

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Welcome to the world of Jeeps!

I highly recommend any lift kit from JKS. The JKS JSPEC JKontrol is a very inclusive kit and will give you the ride height/comfort that you're looking for. Another option would be the JKS JSPEC 2.5" Lift. Both are very good lift kits however the 2.5" is lower in price.

Here is a link to one of our past sweepstakes winners that had the 2.5" JKS Lift installed. He loves the way that it rides and has zero problems with the kit.

Let me know if you have any questions on either lift kit, and shoot me over a PM for the forum discount if you plan on ordering either kit!

-Jake
I forgot to include the link to the Build Sweeps Winner!

https://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangler-2015-jk-build-sweepstakes-november-2016.html

-Jake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts