Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals! I just upgraded from my Sport to an Unlimited Sahara. It came with a ProComp (I think 2.5 inch) lift and 35x12.5x17 tires.

My question is the suspension is squeeky as all hell! The jeep has 70K on it, but I do not know how many miles the suspension has. All I know is that they have had to replace the 35x12.5s on it. Is there any parts that need to be lubricated? Or am I a just looking at the Shocks going bad...

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Get under the Jeep while someone else forces the suspension to cycle so you can identify the source of the noise. Check the coil spring isolators they may be damaged, displaced or removed. The stock joints are maintenance free but if any of the 5 links on either axle were replaced with aftermarket parts they should be lubricated. This also applies to other joints like the ball joints. Check for warn bushings and torque on all the joints while you are underneath.

It's not the best of lift kits so if you are going to keep your JK for the long run consider replacing it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I generally use WD-40 or general purpose grease to lube things up. Never really lubed a suspension before, what do you recommend to use to lube the bushings?

I am planning on replacing the shocks, just not sure which to use. Any suggestions? Right now I am looking at the following

Rancho RS5000s
SkyJacker 7000
ProComp ES9000

·
Registered
635 Posts
When parked try and figure out what is squeaking. Climb under the jeep and have someone rock it.

I did this by myself and I eventually figured out it was my brake lines running against the swaybar.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I generally use WD-40 or general purpose grease to lube things up. Never really lubed a suspension before, what do you recommend to use to lube the bushings? I am planning on replacing the shocks, just not sure which to use. Any suggestions? Right now I am looking at the following Rancho RS5000s SkyJacker 7000 ProComp ES9000
I personally like the Rancho's a whole lot. The other two mentioned are not on the same level from my experience. Just my opinion and I've had all 3 you mentioned over the years Good luck!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I generally use WD-40 or general purpose grease to lube things up. Never really lubed a suspension before, what do you recommend to use to lube the bushings? I am planning on replacing the shocks, just not sure which to use. Any suggestions? Right now I am looking at the following Rancho RS5000s SkyJacker 7000 ProComp ES9000
I prefer to use white lithium grease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts