Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchasing a newly lifted 2012 Unlimited Sahara where they used the standard 2.5" RC spring/shock lift.

I really wont be doing much serious offroading.

many on forums will state I need to spend thousands more on suspension components. My question is, for a simple 2.5" lift (running 35" tires), is this lift fine on its own? Or should I add a steering stabilizer?

thx

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just out 34x11.50 (285/75r17) on my rough counry 2.5 and I was told at the tire store my buddy runs that I don't need stabilizers but it would gravely improve my handling and also make my lift component last longer due to the reduction of stress on the parts.... And since its only like 130 for the duals it was worth it to me to get it done

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out 34x11.50 (285/75r17) on my rough counry 2.5 and I was told at the tire store my buddy runs that I don't need stabilizers but it would gravely improve my handling and also make my lift component last longer due to the reduction of stress on the parts.... And since its only like 130 for the duals it was worth it to me to get it done
Thanks. Perfect answer and agree for $130, it is a no brainer...plus DIY.

I will be driving this 600 miles from DC to ATL without the stabilizer and then install it, so I should have a good before/after experience.

thanks again

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This DIY seems easy but does anyone know if using jack stands is really needed? Can I install with tires on the ground? I would have to pickup a set of stands if so.

Thx

·
Registered
172 Posts
A steering stabilizer you can install with it on the ground. Same goes for trackbar and control arms.

It's literally just undoing two bolts and putting the new one in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts