Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, after quite a bit of searching and research I finally purchased a 2014 JKUR. This is my second jeep. I had a 1978 CJ7 for a few years a while back. I wish i never sold it but I plan on enjoying the new jeep just the same. It will be nice to "hopefully" not have to worry about working on something every time I decide to go for a ride.

I bout this mostly for a beach toy. It will be used on the OBX of NC. I don't plan on going mod crazy but have a few in mind that I will eventually do and will keep this thread updated as it happens.

2014 Anvil JKUR - I decided to name it "The Rubi-Ru" for a couple of reasons. It is a Rubicon and i bought it from a Subaru dealer, also, on an episode of swamp people Troy was hunting something in the swamp and also called it the "Rubaru" or something like that. We will see if it sticks.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there an edit feature on here? Noticed some spelling issues that I wanted to correct, but do not see a way to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a little better picture from down at the river today. It is still an IPhone pic so nothing fancy.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My parents have a camper in Manns Harbor so i am in Nags Head Mostly but will head down to Ocracoke from time to time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too have a 2014 JKUR and I also owned two CJ's, an 84 and an 85.
Nice to be back in one isn't it? :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I finally purchased my first major mod yesterday. I took advantage of Metalcloak’s free shipping yesterday and ordered their overland kit. I went with this kit as my Jeep will be mostly used on road and on the beach with some occasional trails thrown in.

Also attached a few pictures from a Uwharrie N.C. Trip.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts