Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a white 4 door Sahara today. It's going to be my wife's dd foe a while. I am in the car business and in our 20 years together, this is the first car/suv she has actually asked for. Her one prerequisite was heated seats and this one didn't have them but I couldn't pass up on the deal I got. I saw that you can add the mopar kit fairly easily and inexpensively. The problem that I am having is that the mopar kit comes with two elements for the drivers seat (upper and lower) and only one for the passenger side (lower I assume since that's the way my Acura is). I'd like to be able to heat both sections on both front seats if possible and still have factory switches. I have a couple thoughts on how to accomplish this. First would be an aftermarket kit but I'm not sure if any would work with the factory switches. If the cost would increase, another option I have thought of is to buy two kits and use the drivers seat sections from each kit on the front seats and the single element sections on the lowers in the back seats. Anyone familiar with the possibility of wiring them up this way?
Looking forward to spending a lot of time here and getting lots of ideas from what seems to be a very active forum. Pictures to follow.

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

2015 Sahara
Automatic
Nav
Alpine sound
2" lift
Not sure it size but bigger tires
I'm sure there's more but I haven't run the vin yet. It's Ben a long day.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You should be able to find twin sets with two element Pads each...
I have them in a Factory supplied 79 Trans Am and both sides are twin set up...
So you may want to expand your search a bit, they would work inside any seat once you slide the Element in...

Good luck to ya.
Maybe something like this would help you more Sir...
Universal Carbon Fiber Insert Heated Seat Heater Kit 2 Seats Sojoy | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
Check out WramSeats waterproof heated seats. I just installed these in my JKU. For $170 on amazon this really should almost be a must do mod. There are details in my build thread and someone else did a great write up of installing them if you search the forum. I'm not sure there's a way to utilize the factory buttons economically. Here's a shot of how mine sits.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
I should have added that, if your turn on the heat, you can turn off the lower but the upper back stays on. Great system, and wonderful comfort on a cold morning..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts