Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my youngest son just turned 15 and I picked up this YJ for him today. He doesn't know about it and I am keeping it stored somewhere until I am ready to give it to him. It is a super clean 1995 Sahara. I am seriously considering doing a full on Jurassic Park build on it after he saw a poorly done one and loved it.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
I love it like it is, but different strokes for different folks, I guess........

·
Registered
947 Posts
Personally I like the stock appearance of the Sahara models. If it where mine I’d spend the money on cherrying it out and some off road ability items. But to each his own. Nice YJ!

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
Give it to him as it is. Then he can make it into whatever he likes.

For me, if it's really nice, I'd want to keep it stock with possibly some minor mods to make it mine. I wouldn't do anything that wasn't reversible and I'd keep all the stock parts. That's just me.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with Luckymac. Let him trick it out how he wants. Support him with it in parts and free labor, but make it his project. He'll not only have great pride in it, but he'll take much better care of it knowing he "built it himself".

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Its great the way it is. Actually, one of my favorite YJ's.

If your son is 15, his generation isn't really all familiar with the old person's 1993 movie called Jurassic Park.

Kind of like taking a CJ and turning it into the one featured on Mork and Mindy. Most teens today have not even heard of that TV show.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its great the way it is. Actually, one of my favorite YJ's.

If your son is 15, his generation isn't really all familiar with the old person's 1993 movie called Jurassic Park.

Kind of like taking a CJ and turning it into the one featured on Mork and Mindy. Most teens today have not even heard of that TV show.

He saw a YJ with some JP logos and liked the look. I picked it up today and was surprised at how great the condition was. It has almost zero rust on the frame and only very minor body rust in a couple spots. Previous owner put some 33” all terrain tires on it that are almost new. It is missing the sway bar links, but that is an easy fix.

I actually sent him a picture of it in the lot I am storing it in and told him I saw it when driving by. He thought it was perfect.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Nice

That is a sharp looking Jeep, I would leave it just like it is. Sahara's in that condition are not always easy to locate.. You are going to have a very happy birthday boy!!:bop::bop:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
So my youngest son just turned 15 and I picked up this YJ for him today. He doesn't know about it and I am keeping it stored somewhere until I am ready to give it to him. It is a super clean 1995 Sahara. I am seriously considering doing a full on Jurassic Park build on it after he saw a poorly done one and loved it.

I hope your son loves swirlies and being shoved in lockers

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope your son loves swirlies and being shoved in lockers

Haha...I had the same concern. He seems to think it is cool and he is already really popular so if anyone could get away with it he could. In the end, I am thinking that all I am going to do to it is have it painted to address some of the surface rust issues and get it looking sharp on the outside. If he wants to add the stripes and logos it is up to him. May see if I can dig up some matching windows for him. The top is in good shape other than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
It sure is a good thing that kids these days aren't familiar with the internet.... otherwise he might catch on to your surprise.... sic

Agree w the others... that jeep is WAY too clean to turn into a movie prop....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It sure is a good thing that kids these days aren't familiar with the internet.... otherwise he might catch on to your surprise.... sic

Agree w the others... that jeep is WAY too clean to turn into a movie prop....

If I posted this on a YouTube page about Fortnite, I would be worried. I don’t think he is searching out the YJ forums yet.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Don't touch it looks great the way it is... Focus on reliability and yeah find some spice window skins which isn't difficult.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I am having a hard time keeping the secret. He asked me today if that Jeep I showed him was still for sale and if we could go by and look at it, so we did. I even took it for a “test drive”. I don’t know how much longer I can hold out, but he is supposed to save up 6 months insurance before he gets a vehicle. Hard to do when you are 15, so he keeps hoping it will snow so he can shovel walks for money.

They make a good pair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts