Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and thought I would jump into the fray.

Its an 88 with the 4.2 and 5speed. Runs great. It has 173K on the odometer but the paint on the motor is fresh. Not sure if its a rebuild or a swap but it has definately been tinkered with.

It has the BA10/5 in it. From the looks of it, it is original.
Question: Is this thing a ticking time bomb? I havent read anything good about it and have been pouring through the ax15 swap threads. It shifts fine and doesnt slip any gears. am I skrewed?

My other question: My springs are pretty much inverted. I really dont want much if any lift. I have priced re-arching, as well as buying springs individually from places like JCwhitney, etc... None of which are very attractive options. Does anyone have any knowledge of the Black Diamond(superlift) 1.5" kit?
Thanks.

Getting some new shoes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
She looks like a beaut for an 88 looks well kept and run it till something breaks. Then start swapping things. And check the frame in the normal problem spots.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thats a good lookin jeep!

I run lots of black diamond components under my jeep and I would argue they are the best jeep suspension co. out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts