Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer, on the advice of a stranger who was loading his ATVs into a truck at the side of the road, I took my stock Jeep down the K&P trail near Ottawa. It was a fantastic trail for a beginner that goes all the way from Kingston to Renfrew with plenty of roads branching off into more challenging sections. I absolutely loved it, and I need more. On All Trails I found a bunch of off road trails that look fantastic and want to try them, but all the pics show ATVs and hikers. How can I tell if a trail is meant for a Jeep or not? As long as I don't get stuck will people get angry if I bring my Jeep somewhere it's not supposed to be?

·
Registered
76 Posts
As long as I don't get stuck will people get angry if I bring my Jeep somewhere it's not supposed to be?
Absolutely get angry, especially if on private property.
Here is a link to offroad trails in Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
86 Posts
On All Trails I found a bunch of off road trails that look fantastic and want to try them, but all the pics show ATVs and hikers. How can I tell if a trail is meant for a Jeep or not?
All trails has an OHV option in the filter (need to select advanced filters to see it). Use the "OHV" property in the filter and, most of all, read the comments section to discern what trails are actually Jeep-worthy.

·
Registered
2010 JK
354 Posts
Get an OF4WD membership, they have a trail index of Ontario and Newbie runs in mid/late May.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All trails has an OHV option in the filter (need to select advanced filters to see it). Use the "OHV" property in the filter and, most of all, read the comments section to discern what trails are actually Jeep-worthy.
Ya I filtered by OHV but none of the trails had a lot of comments and the only pics I saw were of ATVs so ¯\(ツ)

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
As long as I don't get stuck will people get angry if I bring my Jeep somewhere it's not supposed to be?
Welcome Aboard!
People will, rightfully so, get angry. People who do things like that give the off road community a bad name and make trails and other projects much harder. It leads to more regulation and fines. Do not go somewhere you are not allowed. If it is an honest mistake that is different but be sure you are somewhere you belong. I use ONX OFFROAD here in the states. I don't know how much they have for Canada, their website might say. It doesn't show everything and it's not free but it's cheap and is pretty decent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts