Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, Im new to the jeep world so youll have to bare with me. I always wanted a jeep and finally got one a few weeks ago. I have a 2004 Sahara and was looking into getting bigger tires and rims. However im concerned about the clearence. So far i just want something a little bigger then stock but im concerned about the clearence. Im just not sure how big i can go without causing rubbing. The rims i would like get in a powdercoated black. Just curious if there was anyone that had any good suggestions or advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
You can fit a 31x10.5x15 stock

dont do bigger rims...gay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you planning on getting a lift? If not my dad has 31x10.50r15 M/T's on his stock 1992, it looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice so far guys i appreciate it. Im looking at doing a suspension lift but not for a few years. So far i only plan on really driving mostly on the street however i do plan on using it hunting a few times i want to hold off on mudding for a little bit so i can afford to fix what i break lol. no problems with 31's rubbing turning or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have 31x1050 Big Foot M/T's in 15's, and I'm stock.
IMO, if you're not going to lift (for whatever reason), a 31x1050 is the way to go - it looks superb on a stock Jeep.
Mine rub a TINY bit when the wheels are turned tight.
As far as flexing goes, here's a pic of mine, with the left rear nearly off the ground.
I looked, and figured I had about 1/2" between my tire & fender flare on the right rear. But that was with my older tires, that were fairly worn down, so maybe they were 30's instead of 31's at the time I took this picture.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Agreed 31s will be perfect for you and make sure to get proper backspacing so they wont rub when you turn. I use 15x8 with 3.75BS and get no rub at all unless im disconnected and flexing.:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
search

and look at photo of what people have, read of what they said. That how I did. People give you advice to do this and that not going to make you happy. Do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with everyone here. 31x10.50x15 on 15x8 black steelies, I recommend Goodyear Duratracs/SilentArmors and Cragar Soft 8s with 4" of backspacing.

Stock backspacing is 5.5", with 4" you are ready to put wider tires on at some point in the future :D

Also, if you're fairly handy, you can trim your stock fender flares with a boxcutter. Did mine and they look uhhmazing >)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts