Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved out here from NC, and looking for light trails to ride. I have a '94 with a 4.0 in it. just wondering what there is here that I could get through with my friend in his 94 Ford F250 crew cab. Any ideas or locations are appreciated. Also maybe looking for a club to join out here.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the madness. Great news there is a run called Wheeler Pass next Saturday probably meet north side Durango and Farm McDonalds should be 6 or so going.
Trails goes iver the mountain into Pagrump, takes about four hours and then an hour back home.

Tops out at 7700 feet perfect for stock or modified some 4x4 needed and you can expect some desert pins tripping from brush on the trail.

Watch the page Repairman is heading up the run look for his post

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
20 sep saturday morning

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if I can make that run or not... How would I get on the trail if I was solo? And will my buddies F250 be ok out there?

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I would not recommend a solo ride. The F250 would most likely handle Wheeler Pass with no problem, at his own risk though! The beginning of Wheelers Pass starts from Cold Creek, but it is always better to go with people that have went before. Good luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend and I are working out the details with our wives, gotta see if the wardens will grant us a pardon for the day...

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Bring them along its a nice ride!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One just and a baby and isn't ready for bumps, and the other will keep her company, kind of a boys day, we hope!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it will be a go for me and my family in the YJ, and my buddy in his F250... The meet up is at 0900 on Saturday the 20th at the Mcdonalds on Durango and Farm, right? Please confirm details for me as I am still trying to familiarize myself with the area.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks like it will be a go for me and my family in the YJ, and my buddy in his F250... The meet up is at 0900 on Saturday the 20th at the Mcdonalds on Durango and Farm, right? Please confirm details for me as I am still trying to familiarize myself with the area.
Yep that's the usual meet up spot.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Sounds good 0990 show 0930 Go. Takes 30 minutes or so to get to Cold Creek air down and head up the hill.

I may stop at the winery for lunch in town and then blow home.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds good 0990 show 0930 Go. Takes 30 minutes or so to get to Cold Creek air down and head up the hill. I may stop at the winery for lunch in town and then blow home.
Always so busy there hopefully wait won't be too long of a wait this time.

·
Registered
407 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well everyone, I will see you all tomorrow morning. Pretty stoked about the run and meeting new people.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well.... ? How was it ??? On a scale of 1 to 10 what kind of nail biting was it ? The seasoned Jeepers are used to it all, but as a newbie, myself, i am asking for your opinion...the Scale.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Wheeler Pass is just a Rocky trail, probably a 1 on a scale of 5. It's a good trail for a beginner.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well.... ? How was it ??? On a scale of 1 to 10 what kind of nail biting was it ? The seasoned Jeepers are used to it all, but as a newbie, myself, i am asking for your opinion...the Scale.
It was a good ride, very family friendly. It's my first time wheeling in the desert, and it was my wife and sons first time out. We had a blast. I am used to east coast wheeling on two tracks and what not with minimal climbing. This was a great trail to get your feet wet on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts