Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
Red 11' Wrangler Sport 2 door (soft top) automatic with 41k miles.
No car accidents, however, was a rental with 1 owner.

Should I be worried about anything? Based on experience, any problems with this specific year of wrangler? Approx. price to have it checked by a dealer?

I'm a newbie (well I had a KK) and will appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys!

Angel

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've got a flame red 2011 2 door, 21k miles, stick. No problems at all with it. Chose the 3.8 because everything I heard was that it was super reliable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a flame red 2011 2 door, 21k miles, stick. No problems at all with it. Chose the 3.8 because everything I heard was that it was super reliable.
Awesome! I guess the only worry I had was the rental piece. I know what I would do with a rental JK :whistling:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes Angel, you should be worried. Never and I repeat, NEVER buy a rental vehicle. Especially not a rental Jeep, let alone a rental Wrangler. If there were awards given to people who make bad purchase decisions, this one would qualify.

Don't walk, run. Run away.

Like just about everyone else has said, spend the extra $$$ and get something newer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So tomorrow is the day it arrives from Sac! I still plan on going through with it. It's not my daily driver and I really needed to stay in that price (total out the door: 20,050). However, I am asking a huge favor! I know it may seem strange since I'm new and don't know many people! It is set to arrive tomorrow at 1800ish. Is anyone who is mechanically inclined willing to make a quick obs of the jeep before I sign paperwork? I will 100% owe you one!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Of it being a rental is of concern just to ease your mind a bit I have purchased a Camaro that was a rental and had no problems with it. A lot of times rentals have had all maintenance done on time oil changes ect. If new is doable for that price than sure go new but being that I was in used market when I got my jeep can understand if certain circumstances don't allow you to get new.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of it being a rental is of concern just to ease your mind a bit I have purchased a Camaro that was a rental and had no problems with it. A lot of times rentals have had all maintenance done on time oil changes ect. If new is doable for that price than sure go new but being that I was in used market when I got my jeep can understand if certain circumstances don't allow you to get new.
Thank you Ky! Just what I needed to hear!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts