Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new clutch in (maybe a year and half old) i dont go offroading just a daily driver for right now but its in the process..Anyways i broke down not to long ago and had my jeep (98 wrangler 6cylinder) towed to my house. The pedal was stuck so i replaced the master cylinder (had pieces blown up in it) and bled it out! woot clutch was no longer stuck to the floor. Now the problem is it wont ever shift into any gear now and it has a huge like whining screech noise im at a lost. I believe all i have to do is replace the slave cylinder and then let the bleeding process begin. But i can use another opinion so please help a man out!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,614 Posts
Screeching noise when? All the time or just when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way down?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,614 Posts
That doesn't sound like the throwout bearing, a bad throwout bearing only makes noise when you step down on the clutch pedal which then engages it and gets it spinning. Without hearing it it's hard to make a diagnosis so I can say start by unbolting the slave cylinder from the bell housing and if the clutch area still makes noise, the next step is to drop the transmission and see what's up. Maybe the pressure plate broke up... which is probably my best guess at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts