Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I want to know if 37's on 22" spinners will work with out a lift? It's not going to be taken off road so I don't need a lift right? Oh and my fuel consumption will be a lot better, at least that's that the rim dealer told me....

Okay, now that I've got the newb post outta the way...haha

Hey guys (and of course the ladies) just wanted to say that I've been lurking the forum for a few months now - well since mid November, and I'm no newb to vehicle forums. I know that sitting back and reading posts goes along way, and having said that there are alot of informative members on this forum (I'm looking at you kbwolf, ESP & MTH :wavey: ). Just by creeping through a lot of the threads in here I've gained a wealth of knowledge (but still lots to learn) and know exactly what I'm going to do and what's required to do the job correctly (ie F911 Hardware Kit from Poly Performance).

A little about the JK; Black 2008 bone stock 4 Door Sahara Unlimited - minus the ugly silver bumper trim that I removed after a week...but lots to be done. I'll reserve what my intentions are until 100% sure but in the meanwhile I'll see you guys and gals trolling through the threads!

Oh, and it's my first Jeep - and to say I love it would be a huge understatement!

:wavey:

Cheers!

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Not sure where to start here.

You are going to be getting a lot of comments here on the 22's. The preferred look for a Jeep is smaller wheels (15", 16" or 17") and thick tires. A lot of folks here cannot stand the look of a wrangler with skinny profile tires (me included).

Having said that, you are going to have rubbing issues with 37's and it's not advisable to go that size unless you have a lift. Also, with such a large size, there are going to be other things you will have to fix like the spare tire carrier to carry such a large tire, your axles, etc. Some of the other members will chime in on those details (I am still relatively new.)

If you are not going to do a lift, I wouldn't go more than 33's.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Bren_08_JK, pay absolutely no attention to the post above. Your 22" rims and 37" tires will fit without a lift no problem. And the gas mileage WILL be much better since you're not going to be able to move the JK with those in place - but it will look stunning!! Yeah, stunning is the exact word I was looking for........

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome!

Considering he got his "Newb" post out of the way, I assume that was a joke!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Why 22's? You could go at least 28's with 37" tires.

:rofl::rofl:LOL:rofl::thumb:

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
My goodness, the Sharks are circling today, aren't they :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
having said that there are alot of informative members on this forum (I'm looking at you kbwolf, ESP & MTH :wavey: ). Just by creeping through a lot of the threads in here
You forgot JIMBOX, daggo, kjeeper, among others... dude, you're practically already BANNED... :D

Welcome aboard!:punk:

·
Registered
941 Posts
You had me going with that first part of the message. Great intro! :rofl:

Welcome to the party! :dance:

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
well that was pretty damned funny if you ask me! :rofl: welcome to the group!

i think you could fit all that nonsense in there and you might even be able to squeeze an inch or two lowering your JK to the ground... :whistling:

as for holding of on declaring your intentions.. that's the best part. fire away! :nonono: you're gonna change your mind anyway! we all do/did.

-bob

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think your on the wrong forum you maybe looking for one of these

Just kidding Welcome to the forum you will find a lot of great info here and excessive amounts of grief. All in good fun of course.

:wavey:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts