Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the wrangler game. Im looking for some info.I have an 89 its not in bad shape but it looks like the body has had some patchwork along with the floors and odds and ends. I've been looking at replacement body panels replacement floor panels. I'm a welder for a living and I know my way around the body shop so doing repairs isn't really an issue I'm just wondering if its more cost efficient to. 2 piece the body in floor back together or just to buy a new tub. what's your input guys and where's a good place to buy replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If $$ isn't really an issue I would get a new tub. With that being said this is my theory. If you replace what's patched up that's all good but what happens when what's original decides to rust and need replaced? Then your looking more time spent fixing what could have already been fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking. But the tubs ive seen new are close to 5k and thats not even anything before the firewall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plan is to fix it up and drive it as much as I can lol and have some fun here and there. My main concern is to fix all the half ass stuff the pervious owner did. Its a wiring nightmare!!!!! And the guy thought he could weld but it looks like he couldn't lol.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts