Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was blessed to receive the keys to a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Always wanting a Jeep, I was obviously very excited to drive around in my dream vehicle. But what is a Wrangler without some customizations? Not knowing the most about vehicles and their parts I wanted to get the main run down of what I can do to my precious new Jeep. I know that the stock tires and rims aren't going to cut it, and I'm going to need a lift. So when I am able to get the money, I want to be able to know what to get. I would like to know what tire sizes are good for a little off roading but mostly street driving, and also what lift kit I should get with tires no bigger than 32s. Any information from experience or mere suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats on the new Jeep! You will love making it your own through your mods. As far as tires and lift goes, 33" tires and a 1.5"-2" lift is a great setup for primary daily driving and off roading on the side. I know you said in your post you wanted no larger than 32's, but those are basically the stock height when measured. A 33 mounted will usually only be about 32.25"-32.5". Just enough to beef up the look a bit. A simple mod you can do is the VDP stubby bumper end caps. Makes a big difference in looks and it's simple and fairly cheap to do!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new Jeep! You will love making it your own through your mods. As far as tires and lift goes, 33" tires and a 1.5"-2" lift is a great setup for primary daily driving and off roading on the side. I know you said in your post you wanted no larger than 32's, but those are basically the stock height when measured. A 33 mounted will usually only be about 32.25"-32.5". Just enough to beef up the look a bit. A simple mod you can do is the VDP stubby bumper end caps. Makes a big difference in looks and it's simple and fairly cheap to do!
Thank you so much for your input. You can bet that I'll be using this to figure out all my mods for my jeep when I have the money. Again, thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
... things I'm still learning:

think long term (be patient)

And

learn as much as you can with the search feature in the forum before you pull the trigger

Have fun ☺

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
With 32s you could stay stock and maybe just do a leveling kit to raise the front a bit. If you're doing mild off-roading and mostly street driving, your stock jeep is more than capable. I recommend keeping it stock for a while and seeing how you use it. With this information you can create a plan to build it right the first time. No need to rush. Congrats on the Jeep and enjoy the heck out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts