Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

The wife and I just got ourselves a 1987 YJ. First wrangler either of us have owned so we are both pretty excited. It has a soft top with half doors...4.2 I-6 5 speed manual. Body has no rust anywhere (which is hard to find in South Florida where people usually tow boats and jet skis with them). Mechanically everything works including all the factory guages and even the a\c!

The only piece i need (and I don't know what is called) is a piece that connects to the windshield snd over the passenger door where the soft to snaps on to. It is broken so the top flaps around in the wind which is a bit annoying! Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

ForumRunner_20130708_213322.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome! New owner of my first wrangler as well. Lots of fun, remember the most important tool for your YJ is this forum!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
there are door surrounds on 87 models?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome. Always great when a new 87 wrangler signs up with our forum. Every question you will ever have has already been or will be answered by the largest collection of jeep experts all over the world. Enjoy the new toy

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
Hello everyone...

The wife and I just got ourselves a 1987 YJ. First wrangler either of us have owned so we are both pretty excited. It has a soft top with half doors...4.2 I-6 5 speed manual. Body has no rust anywhere (which is hard to find in South Florida where people usually tow boats and jet skis with them). Mechanically everything works including all the factory guages and even the a\c!

The only piece i need (and I don't know what is called) is a piece that connects to the windshield snd over the passenger door where the soft to snaps on to. It is broken so the top flaps around in the wind which is a bit annoying! Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

View attachment 270498
This might be what you are looking for.

New Rugged Ridge Set of 2 Soft Top Hardware Jeep Wrangler YJ 95 94 12306 05 | eBay

Congrats on the Jeep and remember always ask questions. There never really is a dumb question when concerning a Jeep enthusiasts baby. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts