Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I purchased my first Jeep about 6 months ago, an 07 Wrangler. I love it so far, but I have a couple of questions, keep in mind I know very little about cars and Jeeps, but I hope to change that with this Jeep!

It is a wrangler X but it has the Rubicon stickers on it, from what I have read the X's were not Rubicons in 07, is that true? Are they aftermarket stickers?

Also this summer I would like to get a lift I was thinking about a 4' lift and putting some rims and tires on it. What are some good lift kits that won't break my bank ( I have seen some from 500 to 2500) what are the differences? Also what size tires and rims would look best? I am thinking about hybrids since it is my daily driver.

Thanks for all y'alls help in advance!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The X is not/was not a Rubicon in '07. So that means that someone bought some stickers.

As for good lift kits that is like asking Simones favorite Beer.....it is a matter of opinion. I like Tera Flex and Old Man Emu (ARB).

My question is why a 4" lift? There is nothing wrong with it but most people find that a 2" or 2 1/2" will get them across most trails. You can stick 33-35" tires on it with no problem. Add flat fender flair's and it will look like a 4" but for less money.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you're concerned with breaking the bank, I would reduce the lift to 2-1/2" or 3". More than that and you may run into steering geometry and drive shaft issues. And depending on what size tires you run, I would gusset the "Cs".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome! Thanks guys!

I figured it wasn't a Rubicon and the stickers were the case, but just wasn't 100% sure. Also I don't want to throw a ton of money at it at first so I will look at the 2" and 2 1/2" ones. I really appreciate the incite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts