Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a used 2006 yj and it seems to have a few little (i hope ) iusses with shifting and clucking pinion or ds when stepping on and off the gas, is this normal

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Are you talking like when you hit the gas, you feel/hear a clunk underneath like there's play between the engine/transmission and the wheels? Also happens when you step off...you'll feel it kinda pop and sometimes even make a bit of a noise?

I have that issue too...only when accelerating/decelerating. Got mixed thoughts on it. Some say it's normal, get used to it...but it's real jerky because of that in the lower gears, especially first and second. I'm wondering if maybe it could be a worn out transmission mount allowing the entire setup to flex a little. Bad u-joints sound like they'd show more symptoms?

BTW...2006 is a TJ, not a YJ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure how much play you should have in your rear end pinion and drive shaft in netrual, i'm new to jeeps my gf has a 88 yj me 06 tj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts