Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Well I'm not new to Jeeps (I've had two Cherokees), but I am new to Wranglers. I've decided to take the plunge into the Wrangler world. Tomorrow I'm going to take a look at these two. One is a 2006 Wrangler X with a little over 78,000 miles on it, and the other a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited, with a little over 74,000 miles on it. I know what to look for as far as rust, damage, leakage, etc. But I'm just a little unsure of the price as this will be my first Wrangler. I'm thinking of offering $10,000 to $11,000 to walk out the door with one should they be kosher. Any suggestions or information as far as pricing these out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Cars for Sale: 2006 Jeep Wrangler X in Bluffton, SC 29910: Sport Utility Details - 333438183 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Savannah, GA 31419: Sport Utility Details - 334115694 - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi BIGG RADD...the silver Unlimited looks like a better deal to me if it really does have all the features listed. The X is sure to have the D35 axle also, where the Unlimited might have the D44, which would be another plus. If you could get them down to the 10-11 range either one would probably be a good deal. Good Luck,

J

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, guess we'll find out when I get off work at noon tomorrow. Fingers Crossed.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I got my 06 sport x for 14500, got it from a guy who used to own some car dealerships I think I kinda got ripped off, mine was pretty much basic except it came with aftermarket wheels and 31" street tires, came with soft top, half doors and 50,000 miles both seem like pretty good deals

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I checked out both of em, the 06 was nice but didn't have the D44 and they were willing to do 11,500. The 05 Unlimited had the D44, had minor damage on the right side (dent behind passenger door). They were firm at 13,995 even when I offered 13 out the door, total price would've been $14,630. I passed on both of them for now, may try and find a different salesman Friday. Sux cuz I thought I'd be able to get em on the unlimited with a cash offer. Oh we'll the search continues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i would definitely go for the longer wheelbase, much smoother ride on the road. My 2000 TJ has 10' Krawler stretch kit which makes the wheelbase pretty close to the wheelbase on an unlimited, and it makes a huge difference in the ride as well as giving some advantages offroad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the search continues. Went and looked at a few more. One a LJ the other an X. The LJ had me a bit concerned as the front carpet was out but not the rear and Bedlined , and then the entire undercarriage was bedlined as well, which led me to believe that although it only has 55000 miles on it they may have been some rough miles. Asking price $15961, and they weren't budging on the price. The X wasnt bad, it had what I would consider to be a normal amount of rust on the undercarriage, nothing too bad. The soft top, and driver side door handle would need replacing, and a few interior beautification items. Asking $12995 but I'm sure with the soft top and minor defects I could get $11500-12000 out the door maybe less. Although I would love an LJ and be able to be patient and wait for a deal but i dont have a lot of time to find a vehicle.

Cars for Sale: 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Hardeeville, SC 29927: Sport Utility Details - 333502138 - AutoTrader.com

Cars for Sale: 2006 Jeep Wrangler X in Bluffton, SC 29910: Sport Utility Details - 333438183 - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't know anyone that has an LJ that regrets the decision to buy it. All LJs have dana 44 rear end w limited slip and 4 wheel disk brakes. Dana 30 front and stock 3.73 gears if u have the manual 6 speed. Good luck with the search, if u end up w an lj u won't regret it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, love me some LJ, for me it was either get an LJ or go for a stretch on a TJ, I ended up with a TJ. I would say go for the longer wheelbase if you can, plus you'll have the better rear axle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
B.e.l.t.s brakes exaust lights tires seats. My dad told me this when I was looking for mine. Another thing if it not clean then they really don't want to sell it. Check air and heat controls. gearing(dont get 3.07 you will regret it). Dana 44 rear would be nice but not needed. Hard top is a necessity if you get any snow cause you cant scrape the vinyl. Mine came with a h/t I bought my soft top for a hundred bucks off craigslist.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts