Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new TPS sensors to go with my newly installed 35" KO2s. However, the TPMS warning light is on. I have a AEV Procal, but when I plug it in to lower the pressure threshold it throws an error and doesn't reprogram the system. I can't even turn off the TPMS system with the Procal just to get rid of the light.

I don't know if the new TPMS senders are turned on. Is there a way to verify the senders are activated and ... sending?

If the TPMS system is not receiving the senders/sensors, would that prevent the Procal from reprogramming the system?

If not, what else could be wrong?

·
Super Moderator
21,961 Posts
sensors do not have to be turned on as they self program when you drive. Did you buy the procal new? Will it perform other functions? you might try resetting it back to stock disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and start over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did buy the Procal new. I was able to program the 35" tire change just fine. I tried to call AEV, but had to leave a message - all the agents were busy.

·
Super Moderator
21,961 Posts
I did buy the Procal new. I was able to program the 35" tire change just fine. I tried to call AEV, but had to leave a message - all the agents were busy.
sometimes the programming gets a clitch and sometimes disconnecting the battery and starting over gets it going.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, now it won't do anything. I tried to reset the VIN on the procal - got the same error. Disconnected the battery for 30 minutes then reconnected. Still nothing on the Procal. Same error. Can't change the TPMS, tire size, or reset to stock. All I did was lose my radio presets...

I guess I get to call AEV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2012. The Ebay website said they were OEM sensors and worked with the 2012 JKUR model. They list the part number as 56029398AB. The website doesn't list the frequency.

My Procal won't do anything now. Won't reset the VIN, lower the TPMS level, change the tire size, or gear ratio. I think it is bad. I called AEV - they referred me back to Quadratec. Quadratec is sending me a new Procal.

I hope that the new Procal will make it all work. I don't know how to test if the senders are functioning, the frequency of the senders, whether the sensor is having issues, or it is all working but I need the Procal to lower the setting....???

·
Registered
910 Posts
yes those are 433mhz. same as I ordered for my '14

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:censored:

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Is there any way to make them work without replacing the sensors?
That's gonna cost me to switch all 5 out.

Figures. It's been that kind of week.

·
Registered
910 Posts
By chance do you still have the old wheels/sensors? the sensor is screwed on to the valve stem with an allen screw. You would still have to break the bead of the tire to get it done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have the old sensors. They are still mounted on the old tires, inside the old wheels. I was hoping to sell them as a set. It's probably cheaper to buy new ones than to dig the old ones out.

Either way, I'm going to have to replace the ones I just installed (inside the new tires on the new wheels), right?

There is no way to replace the receiver? It's probably more expensive anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only I already purchased the wrong ones and had them installed. I was told by the seller they were correct for my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I have an ATEQ VT30 TPMS tool for my other vehicle. Tells you the frequency, temp and precise psi of the tires.

Nice to have when shopping used wheels and tires because if the sensors are gone it's the only way to know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts