Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had them put on .Really like the look.... Only thing, i went from Terra Grapplers to Trails , there kinda is a big difference in ride. the highway hum isnt bad at all. But ,comming to stop seem to vibrate a little or at about 5-10mph they seem a little rough like you really feel how knobby,this normal??.. Tire put in 38psi, sound right?? .. otherwise love em. I went from 275/70/18 Terra to 285/65/18 Trail Grappler

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
re

Lookin good

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
38 may be a bit high. I run my Trail Grapplers (37×12.5×17) around 28 or 29. You should try to chalk test them. They are probably a more aggressive tread than Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could psi why im getting a little vibrating comming to stop ?

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Not sure but a really easy way to find out - air down a bit and take a spin. If that doesnt change it, then maybe something else is going on like an balance issue or you lost a weight on the way home or something. Mine dont vibrate, but especially when new you will feel that aggressive tread a little more, but not just when stopping. Is that maybe what you describe as vibrating?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks , i will give it a try

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Airdown to 33psi.. Just seem to get a humming driving down to street like at 5mph...no pulling at all just some vibrating at very low speed

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea maybe just not used to M/Ts ...

·
Registered
141 Posts
My Trails felt the exact same way at slow speeds when I first got them. Thought the tire shop effed something up. After a week or so driving on them, they smoothed out and I don't feel the lugs nearly as much - didn't touch the air pressure either. Noticed the same thing when I got my previous Terra's but just not as severe. Give it time - they will smooth out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Trails felt the exact same way at slow speeds when I first got them. Thought the tire shop effed something up. After a week or so driving on them, they smoothed out and I don't feel the lugs nearly as much - didn't touch the air pressure either. Noticed the same thing when I got my previous Terra's but just not as severe. Give it time - they will smooth out.
Whew ... Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
re

That's exactly the look I'm going for, do you have a lift or any suspension work? Or is it stock?
Just TeraFlex leveling kit

·
Registered
370 Posts
X2. When they are "brand new" this happens. After a couple hundred miles nothing. My psi is 37. Very good tires. Be sure to rotate every 3k

·
Registered
141 Posts
X2. When they are "brand new" this happens. After a couple hundred miles nothing. My psi is 37. Very good tires. Be sure to rotate every 3k
Just curious - do you do a 4 or 5 tire rotation? Wondering which is better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks , cause it like driving on a washboard 0-5mph

·
Registered
19 Posts
As stated before, the vibration is common for most mud terrains. Sit back and enjoy it! It's an awesome feeling when you are rolling down the road then come to a stop and you feel the knobs in the tires. I like driving slow in parking lots just to get that vibration, almost makes me want to go outside right now and ride real slow.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just curious - do you do a 4 or 5 tire rotation? Wondering which is better.
Great question. I have only done 4 ties. I was curious what others do. My take it that 6 in one hand half dozen in the other.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts