Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cassie that is a beautiful top. Two simple questions please:

1) Does this top have the ability to remove the rear cargo section and run almost like a bikini top?

2) Are there any sort of parts necessary to install one of these tops to a JKU that came only with a hard top?

Thank you!

Reactions: Bestop

·
Registered
17 Posts
edit: I see from your home page that it can be run in a bikini fashion. :) #doh.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The second you offer a top like this but with the ability to remove the back window and drive with both sides still on, I'll order.

·
Vendor
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cassie that is a beautiful top. Two simple questions please:

1) Does this top have the ability to remove the rear cargo section and run almost like a bikini top?

2) Are there any sort of parts necessary to install one of these tops to a JKU that came only with a hard top?

Thank you!
Looks like you found the answer to #1 ;)

As for your 2nd question, Nope, everything you need for install will come inside the box!

Let me know if you have any other questions! *CassieAtBestop

·
Vendor
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The second you offer a top like this but with the ability to remove the back window and drive with both sides still on, I'll order.
Guess what?! You CAN!

Just like the Glide there are straps with snaps at the bottom of the quarters that will hold the windows in place.

Happy ordering ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to answer them! *CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
333 Posts
Guess what?! You CAN!

Just like the Glide there are straps with snaps at the bottom of the quarters that will hold the windows in place.

Happy ordering ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to answer them! *CassieAtBestop
W00t!!!

I'm on it!

I must have another of your tops confused. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
You know, I'm so close to your corporate offices... I work near 120th and I-25. Do you happen to have a setup for potential customers to come check out tops? That would be a great field-trip! ;)

EDIT: I just noticed your proximity to Parma Trattoria and I'm genuinely envious. :p

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi, I just called corporate to see if I could swing by and check out the top and in the conversation, they said you can't remove just the back window. I think I could rig a clamp of some kind that would work but really want to see this top in person.

Still looking...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi, I just called corporate to see if I could swing by and check out the top and in the conversation, they said you can't remove just the back window. I think I could rig a clamp of some kind that would work but really want to see this top in person.

Still looking...
Not entirely sure how the NX Plus rear window works compared to the original Trektop NX, but there isn't really a good way to remove just the rear window on the original. You have to clip the top of the rear window in first before attaching the side windows. It could be done, but you'd have to strip the rear of the top down to get to the J-channel, so it wouldn't be easy.

I don't know how the new top works, but either way, you can probably roll the rear window up if you wanted - similar to how the rear window can be rolled up on the OEM soft top.

·
Vendor
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Still looking...
Hey there,

No sure who you spoke with bu t that information is incorrect. I will make sure they get the updated info, i checked with the engineer myself. If you want to swing by and check out a top I am sure we could work something out! *CassieAtBestop

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey there,

No sure who you spoke with bu t that information is incorrect. I will make sure they get the updated info, i checked with the engineer myself. If you want to swing by and check out a top I am sure we could work something out! *CassieAtBestop
Hi Cassie!

I appreciate the effort for sure :)

I'll contact you sometime next week?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Cassie-- Just out of curiosity, does the rear window zip out or roll up?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Cassie-- Just out of curiosity, does the rear window zip out or roll up?
The rear window has zippers on the sides and a channel at the top. The sides can be unzipped to roll up the window, or it can be unzipped and removed completely from the upper channel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cassie, on a JK 2-door, does the Trektop NX Plus allow you to roll the top from rear to front (after side and rear window removal) and tuck it under the opened sunrider?

On the Trektop NX, this was possible by releasing the straps, but the Plus looks like it uses brackets instead of straps to hold the rear of the top in place.

Can the bar/top be easily released from these brackets and rolled forward? Also, Would the new spring system would interfere?

Thank you.

·
Vendor
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey there,

We have not tried this as it is not a "correct" way to run the top. However, many forum members have shared this trick and run their original Trektop NX like this. I know this doesn't help much, hopefully another member can jump in and say it if works. *CassieAtBestop

Cassie, on a JK 2-door, does the Trektop NX Plus allow you to roll the top from rear to front (after side and rear window removal) and tuck it under the opened sunrider?

On the Trektop NX, this was possible by releasing the straps, but the Plus looks like it uses brackets instead of straps to hold the rear of the top in place.

Can the bar/top be easily released from these brackets and rolled forward? Also, Would the new spring system would interfere?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed my Plus today and so far so good! I'm a first time jeep owner so I was worried that I wouldn't get the right sort of top because I didn't know what I really wanted/needed. This top suits me just fine. The best part is the ease that the Su rider option works from inside the jeep. The older nx it looked like you had to get out of the jeep to maneuver it, this one is right from the front seat, and NO annoying bar above your head, just blue sky!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts