Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Im really bothered buy a lot of the stuff going on right now with our forest. Tons of info out there, lots of it false and hard to tell whats true. The bottom line is Im not happy about it and I want to get involved in trying to make a difference and do not even know where to begin.

Is any one working anything? I know of one guy (wont post names here) who is working with the rangers to try and set up an even to remove the trees being chopped down (its not the rangers like most think). Hes trying to get news coverage and stuff to help improve our image.

Im considering something like a protest at "Pine Lands Adventures". Seems to me theres some obvious kick backs going to the Super of Wharton as well as some possible corruption.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Im really bothered buy a lot of the stuff going on right now with our forest. Tons of info out there, lots of it false and hard to tell whats true. The bottom line is Im not happy about it and I want to get involved in trying to make a difference and do not even know where to begin.

Is any one working anything? I know of one guy (wont post names here) who is working with the rangers to try and set up an even to remove the trees being chopped down (its not the rangers like most think). Hes trying to get news coverage and stuff to help improve our image.

Im considering something like a protest at "Pine Lands Adventures". Seems to me theres some obvious kick backs going to the Super of Wharton as well as some possible corruption.
There's a group on facebook called "Motor Vehicle Access of NJ State Land" that has some things in the works, check it out. Over 4k members in just a few days.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Damn, I don't have a FB but my wife does so Ill ask her to join it. Shes good about keeping me in the loop on stuff like that.

If you see some stuff and ya think about it don't hesitate to pass it on to me.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I also read the rules.seems like there profiling "jeeps" or any vehicle with off road capability.im all for protecting our wild life and treading lightly.but if i wanted to go down there and take pics of birds or whatever if im in my jeep im going to be profiled .2wd jeep sales will be on the rise

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im on the facebook group, how ive been getting my information and doign what i can to help.

i agree, its pretty wild how blunt they wrote that. might as well of said no jeeps allowed, or any vehicle with more than 30in tires.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Gee I hope they are able to access the fire roads the blocked with trees THEY cut down..
Forest fire burning through hundreds of acres in NJ Pine Barrens | 6abc.com
I see a decent amount of Rangers and Park Police at my work. According to the ones I talked to they arent cutting down the trees. They seemed pretty believable in stating it wasnt them. Siting reasons like forest fires, and that they wouldnt destroy parts of the forest in effort to save it. They claim the trees are being cut down at night and they dont know who is doing it. They were buying deer cams at my work a few days later. They state they were trying to catch who is doing it.

With how shady the whole thing went down, who knows.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im wheeling sunday, first time ive been able to get since june. interested to if i find any of these road blocks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ive been out a couple times since they started this.

I did notice a few that bothered me. I just had surgery yesterday and Im supposed to be on "couch potato status" all weekend but Id like to sneak out there for a little bit. I have off 10 days for recovery.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more than welcome to join. meeting sunday at the fire tower at 10 am. check the PA page under philly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts