Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I'm down to my final decision for wheels. And, naturally, I'm stuck and I can't seem to get a "most-definitely-gotta-be-that-one!" gut feel for which wheel will look best on a White JKU.

I'm doing a 2.5" AEV lift. I'm going with 285/70/17 BFG AT's for tires. I'm a 95-5'er (95% on road - 5% off)

My final 4:
AEV Pintler Argent
AEV Pintler Black
Rugged Ridge Hyper Silver
Rugged Ridge Satin Black

I like black wheels, but my holdup is that the design or look of them, just gets lost. In other words you can't see them well enough (or I can't anyway) But I like how my Jeep contrasts with the white finish & black top & fenders, and I think black wheels would compliment the look.
So that leaves me with Silver or Argent, which are both good looking wheels, but might appear a little washed out with the white finish.... See what I mean. I'm stuck :banghead:

I'm soliciting your thoughts & opinions, and if you have any pics of said combinations... PLEASE SHARE!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love the look of black. I think they go great with the white JKUs. This is what mine looks like with VTEC Raptors with 33 Nittos.

Detail really isn't lost unless the sun has gone down.

Dusk

Just curious... why the AEV 2.5?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the look of black. I think they go great with the white JKUs. This is what mine looks like with VTEC Raptors with 33 Nittos.

Detail really isn't lost unless the sun has gone down.

Dusk

Just curious... why the AEV 2.5?
Oh boy... I hate to get a lift war started in my own damn thread... but I just like the AEV setup. From all reports of people who have them, overwhelmingly positive about the kit. I want a quality setup, no "added" fixes that come as a result of lift installation. I think from what I've read, everybody who has one seems to really like the handling & road manners. I will drive mine on pavement the vast majority of the time. I have no aspirations of crawling through rock piles. So major flex and all that jazz is just not important to me. Refer back to: "no added fixes" I just don't want to rebuild my Jeep. I want it to look nice.

What lift do you have?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good enough! Just curious is all. No wars, no "You should do this instead." Just like learning. I've also got some AEV mixed in with my build so I can tell you they are a reputable company and EXTREMELY easy to work with. For the lift, I went with a Rough Country. Like you I didn't want a full blown crawling setup or something that would require a whole bunch of extras after the fact. Looking forward to seeing your result! Be sure to post pics!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I always gotta mop some stray spittle off my chin after I see the black RR wheels. Haaawwwwt!

Maybe the spit thing's genetic...:D

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the RR Satin Black, but for you...

Dayyyum - I like this!! But I'm not triple white... black fenders/top

But I love these wheels

I always gotta mop some stray spittle off my chin after I see the black RR wheels. Haaawwwwt!

Maybe the spit thing's genetic...:D
Yup me too

^^ :thumb: stay away from those 17" wheels!

your wallet, tailgate, and engine will thank you if you decide to go bigger (tire size) in the future.

15s or 16s are the way to go. rubber is cheaper, plenty of choices, less weight, less strain on the axles, on the tailgate.... okay okay... you get it.

0.02 [/rant] :whistling:
I appreciate your comments, but while I could see doing a 16" wheel, there are no wheels that I've found that I like better than the AEV/RR.

·
Registered
132 Posts
AEV Saverge !!

Hub centric, valve stem sits protected,
Got them in 17" I used BFG MT 255/75/17
But you can go 285/70/17 GY Duratrac
Bigger rim = less side wall = less flex and roll on road. On that note I like driving on road with ability to off road. I did not want my JK to look like a moon rover buggy !

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ive got argent pintlers on a black jeep, but for a white rig you should definitely go with a black wheel. Rugged ridge looks better in black compared to the pintler.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts