Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one has experienced/fixed this - brand new willys unlimited with auto all stock, occasionally the stability control kicks in for a second when it shouldn't. This has happened only a few times and i chalked it up to it being overly sensitive but today it happened when letting off the throttle on a downhill stretch of road pointed almost perfectly straight driving conservatively. Going to dealer tomorrow for check up.... Ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine gets a little wonky sometimes. I used to blame it on the BFGs being shitty in the rain but periodically it comes on for no reason at all, even when the roads are dry. I don't think its really an issue though. I myself don't worry about it to much. Unless it starts pulling that crap while I pull out into traffic I will continue to ignore it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input - if it continues to happen only rarely i can live with it but want it documented if things go downhill in the future and need some warranty work. 1500 miles on the Jeep- Tire pressure is good but on high side, alignment should be good but will keep in mind

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, my pressure is on the high side too. It gets better gas mileage that way. I bet the issues are probably related to that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will drop the pressure and see - thank you

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update

I still have the occasional activation of the stability control kicking in, oddly enough it usually happens when driving in an almost straight line. If i drive like a little old lady the problem is almost non existent, drive with a little gusto and it fires off.

I am obsessed with my tire pressure which may have helped but has not cured it. The dealer checked things over and found nothing. Maybe with a little wear and tear this will go away? Anyone else have an idea or experiencing this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
After I go wheelin, I commonly have to tighten the pitman arm. If I don't, I get the same stability control overeaction. It gets worse the longer I wait to tighten. Most prominent after making a turn from stopped position and then start to accelerate in straight line.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you hear a faint horn/buzzer sound when this kicks in? Only for a brief second? I have this noise as I am just about ready to fully stop after braking.

Only 475 miles on my WW, and this faint noise just started literally 50 miles ago. I can release the brake and it will still make this noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts