Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new winch this weekend a 12000 lb Badlands I picked up for 292.00 from Harbor Freight with a wireless remote. Then I noticed my oil was kind of milky looking, after doing some checking I determined I have a blown head gasket. I ordered all the parts and it looks like I will be busy this week,I figure while I am in there I might as well change the water pump, thermostat, fan, hoses,belts,and radiator just because. I am going to take the head to a local shop and have it magnafluxed to see it there are any cracks in it. Then an oil change and filter. Got to keep this old Jeep running good!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
99-01 4.0 L motors. Look on the right sight near the back of its stamped 331, and you are in the ball park of 100k miles, it most likely is the head. You should be able to look down the oil fill cap and see the crack between the 3rd and 4th cylinders.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys, I'm having them magnafluxed for just that reason. Hopefully everything will come back ok.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Might was well change out the lifters while you're there...ask me how I know. LOL :(

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool! If you have the dreaded exhaust manifold crack now would be a good time to swap that out too.

Headers already installed 2 years ago. lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha. Ok. I'm done. Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Thinking maybe I should buy a new radiator cap and just park a new Jeep under it....lolol!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts