Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Jeep window has been repaired a few times from star chips/cracks. Couple days ago some car with no bumper kicked up a rock and it cracked window pretty good.

Called Geico and I had added full glass when I bought Jeep. Surprisingly they are paying to cover full MOPAR glass which surprised me. My girl has progressive and her MDX would only cover cheaper glass. Anyways, happy to report I'm getting MOPAR glass with the little Jeep Grill on it for free. Nice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised because on the MDX Progressive said we had to pay the difference. I just told Gieco I had the Trail Rated window with the Jeep Grill and I thought it was stronger than Safelite, not sure if that mattered or not, but they did ask if that was the window I had.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It may depend on state laws. In AZ, where you are, you can take it anywhere and get any glass you want up to and including OEM. I think Progressive was pulling one on you.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I also have geico and they replaced mine with the MOPAR jeep glass. However, I was told that Geico has "preffered" glass companies...those who are not (like if you go to a shop on your own and provide your insurance info and they arent on the preffered list) they cant get the MOPAR glass.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have geico and they replaced mine with the MOPAR jeep glass. However, I was told that Geico has "preffered" glass companies...those who are not (like if you go to a shop on your own and provide your insurance info and they arent on the preffered list) they cant get the MOPAR glass.
Yeah, Safelite is doing mine. Always had good luck with their labor and not damaging anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same deal with Allstate a while back. I came out after the install and the glass tech had put a low quality non-branded windshield on with a huge scratch on the passenger's side. I kindly asked for him to remove it and make sure a MOPAR sheet goes back on. He had the worst guilty face when I busted him on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts