Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new to the Jeep world and looking for some help with some things I would like to do to my Jeep. First of all I just got an 02 Sahara which kicks ***, but I want to make it better. Its stock right now on 30's, but I want to change that. I was thinking of putting 33" with a 3" lift. Any ideas on what to get, and if I can keep the original gearing. Also i want to change the exhaust, I want to keep that jeep sound, but make it much louder and allow for more air flow, maybe throw on a K&N air intake too. Any answers or help on whats best?!?!?!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Just a tip, K&N is snake oil. Don't waste your money.

There's plenty of people on here that are all they do is wait around to tell people what kind of lift they need. Watch out! They are coming.

Welcome to WF!!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
lol thats hilarious...but i didn't reccomend...just said i had heard good things about it...and he asked for some ideas

amerijeep is right...K&N isn't really worth it

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Congratulations...let me see some pics :D

and I won't recommend a thing, well.....have fun and enjoy being in the Jeep community

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL... thats too funny, I have actually heard a bunch about the RE 3.5 and flowmaster 40. Just wanted too see what all the wrangler owners thought and had.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
being stock, dose the jeep still have some pick up after you add 33's and a 3.5 lift.

·
Registered
359 Posts
All depends on how much money you want to spend. Most people tell me mine sounds like a v-8 with dual exhaust and a turbo. But i cut my cats off, run a flowmaster super 40, and have a tbi spacer and an airaid intake setup. Along with some other sensor mods and such. Works real good for me, can still churn 38's like nobodys business. As far as the lift thing goes 4" will clear bout any 33 you want. Im running the 4" rough country and a 3" BL. Most people hate BL's roud here but makes no diff to me. A lil diamond plate in the right areas makes you not even notice it. And i dont rock crawl, i run bogs every weekend. Have fun and personalize your jeep how you want it. Everybodys got their own tastes and likes and dislikes. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4.0L, Right now stock with 30" it gets going pretty fast

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With 33's can you fit a full size spare on the back or do you need to get a new mount. right now i have a 30 on, but it has the break light mounted to the back of it and dosent look like much more room.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
02 sahara said:
With 33's can you fit a full size spare on the back or do you need to get a new mount. right now i have a 30 on, but it has the break light mounted to the back of it and dosent look like much more room.
you can get an extension for the light
Frank carried a 33" Thornbird and the bracket cracked over time,
I carried my 33" All Terrian around for over a year, did some moderated wheeling and never had a problem - saved up and now have a bumper/tire carrier combo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
here is a pic of my new ride

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Just throw a 4" lift on that sucker, and you can put your 33" tires on there just fine. Your tire carrier, on the back will hold it just fine, just extend your brake light about a 1" and a half. Also make sure that you get the right back spacing on your new rims. I would suggest a 3.75" back spacing if you are going with a 10" rim. Good luck, and happy wheeling.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Have you considered a 2" BB and a 1" BL? That's an easy solution for running 33's without messing up any steering geometry or having any driveline vibes (hopefully). It's also fairly inexpensive.

I would also suggest taking your time on the lift before you buy. I'm sure everyone in here can attest that we all have some relatively unused parts laying around the garage that were later replaced because we didn't actually buy what we wanted in the first place. Take your time and get what you really want.

I know that's basically two conflicting statements, but it's something to think about.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
02 sahara said:

I think you can get away with that for awhile. Over time my tailgate started to bend inwards due to the weight of the wheel and tire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the input guys, im fine with how it is right now, but just trying to do some research for a future lifts and etc. what do you guys think are some good cheap things to do that will beef it up a little for the time being?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts