Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

In the beginning of February, I ordered a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door.

The only options I ordered were the 3.73 gears and A/C. I couldn't find any that I wanted that didn't have options like the connectivity group.

I am an Advanced MECP Installer for Geek Squad, so spending $700 on something like bluetooth is a waste of money to me since I already have a Kenwood navigation unit that will be going in.

I'm really excited for it to come in. Ship date is estimated be the 23rd. Should be here first week in March!

I am going to install the Kenwood headunit, Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp with Kicker KSC65 component speakers front and rear. I also need to figure out where I can fit a sub in this thing. I was hoping under the rear seats but that probably won't be do-able. Worst case I'll lose a little rear cargo space and put it back there.

Also I will be installing a Viper 5706V remote start/security system as well. I will be installing door actuators to get power door locks. I will also be installing a proximity sensor with a toggle switch for the summer. That way I can choose when to activate the sensor. I don't want false alarms when the top is on.

Lastly, I'll be installing a backup camera. Not sure where yet. Probably will make a bracket to make it sit in between the spokes of the spare tire.

Should be fun. I am really excited to save up for some tires and a lift. Not sure if I want to just buy new Rubicon take offs, or get 33" tires on aftermarket rims.

Anyway, kind of a boring post, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I look forward to becoming apart of the family. Thanks in advance for all of the knowledge and I look forward to contributing my expertise to the forum. I am planning on recording my entire install for the Wrangler to give people an idea of what a solid professional install looks like in a Wrangler.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Unless the sub is about the thickness of an iPhone in a beefy case, it won't go under the rear seat. haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless the sub is about the thickness of an iPhone in a beefy case, it won't go under the rear seat. haha
Haha yeah I figured. I couldn't find any dimensions online or pictures of under the seat. I may consider under the driver seat, but I prefer everything to be completely hidden.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The factory sub sits in the recess area in the cargo space behind the seat. Good a place as any to put one. Oh, and congratulations on choosing the MANual transmission. you should notice a 11-14% increase in serum testosterone levels almost immediately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The factory sub sits in the recess area in the cargo space behind the seat. Good a place as any to put one. Oh, and congratulations on choosing the MANual transmission. you should notice a 11-14% increase in serum testosterone levels almost immediately.
I thought that area was good. My dad had a 2014 JKU and 2015 JKU's. I installed a Kicker Hideaway HS8 into that rear cargo hatch. Very clean install BUT for some reason the bass was virtually none existent. I even put dynamat in the entire area. I think the recessed area cancelled out a lot of the sound waves. I ended up moving it under the driver seat and it was a huge difference.

The HS8 isn't an option for me though, as I prefer at least about 500 RMS from a good quality sub. That HS8 is amazing for the size but just not for me.

And thanks!! I could never buy an auto Wrangler, ESPECIALLY in the 2 door. Should be fun with the 3.73's too!! Definitely looking forward to the increased testosterone :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously though the factory sub was designed to that area though. The new Alpine systems are very impressive. Both of my dad's 2015's had it. One of the finer upgraded factory audio systems that I've heard!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Greetings all...
Took delivery of my 2016 Wrangler Rubi 6sp ...
Wow, what a learning curve, clutch / throttle. My 2003 was off the gas, on the clutch...
the 2016, off the gas (foot completely off of the petal) then clutch. it seems that the electronically controlled throttle has a big delay. has anyone else noticed this? any solutions?
I am also looking into the rear camera issue..

http://www.caraudiogiants.com/pac-bci-ch21.html

·
Registered
237 Posts
Greetings all... Took delivery of my 2016 Wrangler Rubi 6sp ... Wow, what a learning curve, clutch / throttle. My 2003 was off the gas, on the clutch... the 2016, off the gas (foot completely off of the petal) then clutch. it seems that the electronically controlled throttle has a big delay. has anyone else noticed this? any solutions? I am also looking into the rear camera issue.. http://www.caraudiogiants.com/pac-bci-ch21.html
I have owned my 6sp 2015 JKU for 6 months now and I still kill it coming from a stop on occasion. Esp if my stereo is blaring. I've gotten used to the clutch engagement and the long throws, now I can be an on ramp race driver. The Hill hold feature is pretty neat when you get used to it.

Do the throttle mod, seems to help but I have to repeat it every couple weeks (or maybe it's all in my head).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts