Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m a new 2018 Jeep JKU owner!! I’ve had nothing but jeeps my entire adult life (Commander, Grand Cherokee).

long story short I bought my wrangler without looking at small details, my daughter totaled my grand Cherokee within three days of getting her license, so I didn’t really take my time.

I’m not used to no lights on the inside. Also I’m wanting to do rock lights?
what are my best options ?

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
I hope your daughter is OK.
I got into my first wrangler after my daughter totaled my Mini Cooper. I also have had a ton of other Jeeps over the years.

I have read of other guys installing led light strips in the foot wells. I believe they are tapping one of the wires coming off the door harness. I am sure someone will chime in with a better description.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope your daughter is OK.
I got into my first wrangler after my daughter totaled my Mini Cooper. I also have had a ton of other Jeeps over the years.

I have read of other guys installing led light strips in the foot wells. I believe they are tapping one of the wires coming off the door harness. I am sure someone will chime in with a better description.
Yes she is ok! She’ll be a better more cautious driver!!!
That’s what I was thinking. I’m just not tech savvy!
Definitely a much different experience than owning a Cherokee!

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Much different as in better.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
What model is your '18 Wrangler?

Mine has footwell lights, map lights, dome lights. When a ring on the turn signal stock is turned, they go from coming on when the doors are opened, to staying off all of the time. If you have a Wrangler that is on the "loaded" side, it'll probably have them- may not be present on the base Sport models, not sure. I am seeing painted fenders on the Jeep in your avatar, so assuming Sahara or Sahara-based special edition?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
When a ring on the turn signal stock is turned, they go from coming on when the doors are opened, to staying off all of the time.
Good point ! ! !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello,
I’m a new 2018 Jeep JKU owner!! I’ve had nothing but jeeps my entire adult life (Commander, Grand Cherokee).

long story short I bought my wrangler without looking at small details, my daughter totaled my grand Cherokee within three days of getting her license, so I didn’t really take my time.

I’m not used to no lights on the inside. Also I’m wanting to do rock lights?
what are my best options ?
What happened to the inside lights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Much different as in better.
Yes better!!! This was my dream car, I backed out of a wrangler after pharmacy school and opted for the Cherokee. I’ve only had it a few weeks and well with covid and working from home
What model is your '18 Wrangler?

Mine has footwell lights, map lights, dome lights. When a ring on the turn signal stock is turned, they go from coming on when the doors are opened, to staying off all of the time. If you have a Wrangler that is on the "loaded" side, it'll probably have them- may not be present on the base Sport models, not sure. I am seeing painted fenders on the Jeep in your avatar, so assuming Sahara or Sahara-based special edition?
It’s the unlimited Sahara. I did not have the two dome lights. 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
It’s the unlimited Sahara. I did not have the two dome lights. 🤷🏻‍♀️
A Sahara should have all the interior lights.

Then what's up in the middle of the speaker bar? Just a hole in the center where a previous owner removed the lights?

·
Premium Member
7,077 Posts
From the photo it has a custom after market hard top, a lift and aftermarket wheels maybe 20s?

Saharas and at least Rubicons should come with 2 dome lights on the Unlimited and maybe the 2 door as well. The two lights should be on the B and C pillar cross bars. In addition there should be foot well lights on both front sides. The over head lights are on the cross bars so are totally independent of the top be it a hard top (factory or after market) or a soft top.

Shoot, even my TJ has an over head light on the B pillar cross bar and two foot well lights. If the sport bar padding has been removed the lights may have been removed as well.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

^^ this switch is the one that enables dome lights

For some reason, car dealers tend to turn this switch off on vehicles on the lot. Turning it on will enable dome lights, as well as footwell lights (on Sahara and Rubicon models with higher trim levels).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts