Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
As you can see I'm new to the site. I've owned several Jeeps and now I'm in the market for a new Wrangler. I have a ton of questions, I'm sure some of these have been asked before but I couldn't find much with my searchs.

Here we go:

Should I wait to buy a 2012? I know the new motor and 5 speed trans both seem to be better then the 2011. I think I'm going to wait for the 2012's but just wanted to confirm I'm doing the right thing.

Is the 2012 new motor/trans completely new or just new to the Wrangler?

How much more will the base 2012 be over the 2011?

Does anyone know if the 0% for 60 will be offered on the 2012's?

As for the next few - Just looking for opnions here - I know this is completely up to each owner to decide base on what they like and will be using the jeep for. I'll be doing a bunch of highway miles and rarely taking it off road. I know with doing alot of highway driving I should consider the hard top but can't afford it right now.

My plan is to buy a Sport completely basic - the only option I want is the auto trans. Is there any other options I should realy look at getting that I will regret if I don't?

Does AC still come stock on the 2012's or is it an option?

I have a local dealer that will do the Treadlightly 1% below invoice and doc fees are $200. Any other sugestions on getting the best deal?

Should rethink getting the manual trans? The only reason I'm getting the auto is so my wife can drive it but if it significantly improved the performance I'd get the stick.

One last one:
How can I find places to offroad in NJ legally?

Sorry for such a long list as my 2nd post and thanks in advance for the help.

Chris
Readington, NJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chris,

I sell Jeeps in WI (I have 2012's & 11's on the ground) A few of your questions require a bit more digging. Give me a call @ 262-343-1981 and I would be happy to answer your questions in depth.

Brandon J. Sagan
Sales & Leasing

Russ Darrow Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge & Ram
2700 W. Washington Street (Highway 33)
West Bend, Wisconsin 53095
262-334-9411 Work
262-343-1981 Cell
262-334-7195 Fax

"If you have never owned a Jeep......you just wouldn't understand."
-Anon​

·
Super Moderator
7,626 Posts
Most if not all your questions are answered in this epic thread.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2012-wrangler-and-june-2nd-94698.html

A few quick answers: You can do better than 1% below invoice on a 2102, and you won't get 0% on a 2012 you might on a 2011 if you have good enough credit to quailfy. The 5 speed AT has been around for several years and is great, the engine has been in use in the GC, however this is the first year for the Wrangler. Pricing etc is in the thread, enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
That's a huge thread, I read about 35 pages but can't find all of my answers.

Most if not all your questions are answered in this epic thread.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2012-wrangler-and-june-2nd-94698.html

A few quick answers: You can do better than 1% below invoice on a 2102, and you won't get 0% on a 2012 you might on a 2011 if you have good enough credit to quailfy. The 5 speed AT has been around for several years and is great, the engine has been in use in the GC, however this is the first year for the Wrangler. Pricing etc is in the thread, enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts