Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just turned 16 and purchased a 1991 yj! Payed it all off myself and she is gorgeous! I am looking to upgrade to get her off road ready and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to do first! Glad to join the jeep family and can’t wait to experience the fun through this car!

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd start with a big assed V8 or V10, 44" tires, new axle assemblies, a killer stereo and then go from there. :welcome:

Seriously though, what'cha got there and how are you planning on using it?

And good for you for getting it paid off at your tender age :happyyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats and great advice above. first thing to invest in? Pencil and paper. Then sit and think about the stage of life you're in and what the next few years has in store. If you're college bound think about the fact that you may have to resell or use it for a daily driver. if you're handy with tools, going to have a place to work on it for a decent number of years, then think about if you're a bolt-on type or a D-I-Y fabber. For either one, start thinking about the tools you'll need. read threads, see what you may have to get and focus on that before throwing money at bling or getting yourself in a half done job and stuck for lack of having the right tools at hand. Spending a good amount of time investigating what others have down and finding out what has or hasn't worked and what matches what YOU want will save you a lot of $s and headaches down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts