Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am new to this site and a proud new owner of a YJ Jeep :thumb:. I purchased a 95 w/ 4.0 liter 6cyl and 5sp man. It has a 2in suspension lift with a 3 in body. It's going to be my daily driver and I want to make it more econimical and a little bit better ride (i know it's a jeep and not a cadillac). I thought about removing the 3in body lift and leaving the 2in suspension lift and removing the 35inx12.50x15 tires and replacing them with 33x10.50x15. The question is would the 33's work with just the 2in suspension without scrubbing or should I go to a smaller tire, maybe like a 32in. Also, there is no carpet on the interior and I want to keep it that way. I want to put down a DIY roll-on liner...Any suggestions or tips? Open to all suggestions/criticism...I just need HELP!!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same jeep and I had to add carpet for a better look. I have a 4 in skyjacker lift and I could only fit a 33.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tips from the Beas

Keep the body lift! You should be alright dropping down to a 31" tire, and you will gain more power and better fuel economy too! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Drop the body lift, keep the suspension lift, with a 2" lift you can fit 31 comfortably and 32s with some minor rubbing, minimum of 4 in lift for 33s (unless you do some cutting to the rear fenders and put some high line ones in the front). Might look into getting some OME shocks for a softer ride also.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Ditch the 3" body lift, but make sure you know what ya have to do to get it gone. You may find you still need to run a small body lift. I would look to run an AT tire as its your daily driver, lots folks are very happy with the good year dura trac for street and mild trail use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts