Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

So I finally got the Jeep to my garage to start my upgrading and this is what I found:
1. The PO was running the OEM cooling without the fan shroud 馃え! No wonder there was overheating at times.
2. The water pump and thermostat housing both look cleaner than the surrounding to include caulking, so likely changed at some point in the past but since they鈥檙e so cheap to replace, going to just do it anyway.
3. Looks like an original or at least old radiator so that鈥檒l be replaced with a Mishimoto OEM radiator.
4. Needs some cleaning up in this engine bay, as that stop leak the PO used is all over the place 馃槱.
Going to start with a really good and thorough flush of the coolant system (bypassing radiator). Order and replace radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses and go with a Mishimoto electric fan and control kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey @Missle01
@agalloch07 is correct in that you don't need doors to run our tops. We have two main YJ tops and most YJ owners will choose the Classic Supertop. Let me know if you have any questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks Lee! I looked over your catalog and I can see several must-have's but I think I'll start with the Strapless Extended Safari Bikini, the Windshield Channel Kit, and the All Weather Trail Cover. Do you guys have member discounts?
Also, seeing that I don't have the doors, I'm thinking Im going to come back for the Highrock 4x4 Doors and covers as well as the windows but not until I get her all running well.

Vendor
Thanks Lee! I looked over your catalog and I can see several must-have's but I think I'll start with the Strapless Extended Safari Bikini, the Windshield Channel Kit, and the All Weather Trail Cover. Do you guys have member discounts?
Also, seeing that I don't have the doors, I'm thinking Im going to come back for the Highrock 4x4 Doors and covers as well as the windows but not until I get her all running well.
I hate to say it but I don't have any member discount codes right now. We do offer military and first responder discounts though, if that applies to you.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Registered
2006 Rubicon, 4.0, automatic (stock for now)
Too bad you aren鈥檛 out here! I have spent months worth of time in pulmonologist offices over the last 10 or so years. Thank you for your service and continued service!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Too bad you aren鈥檛 out here! I have spent months worth of time in pulmonologist offices over the last 10 or so years. Thank you for your service and continued service!
Thank you for your service as well! Wish I could be there to help in any way I can. Hopefully your VA is just as great as ours is here in Cinci.

Registered
2006 Rubicon, 4.0, automatic (stock for now)
It鈥檚 so so. Basically it鈥檚 at a point where it鈥檚 just a matter of trying to maintain % of usable capacity I have and not get worse. My PCM is stellar though!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts