Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up yesterday from the original owner who NEVER wheeled it! It has some miles on it, but they're all highway.
'89 Islander, 4.2L, AX-15, dual tops, air, tilt, engine rebuilt 60K ago, new clutch, new rear axle rebuild, new carb and alternator, amazingly maintained! It runs like it looks.


I got a new project!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,631 Posts
Yikes! more square headlight!!


Welcome to the forum, you'll have lots of "expert" advice at your fingertips...if needed with your new project.

very nice......I wanted a red one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
daddyjeep said:
I wish Jeeps that old looked as good here in Pennsylvania. Very Nice. Now you just need to get some real tires under there and get a couple of scratches on her.
Yeah, AZ is nice for buying older rigs. Everyone I showed this thing to is shocked that it's 17 years-old!:cool:
I still have my built '01 TJ, so this one's going to be a DD for my son. We'll do a slow build-up. It has 3:07s, so that will need changing before we go much bigger in tire size.:( Right now, we need to get rid of the sagged springs. Those 30s look too close to the fenders!:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSS another Square Headlighter is here! Those TJs just don't understand about the old school gauges and the military style shifter do they? Yeah, man. Get that thing up in the air! Get it ready for your son so he can have some girls riding around in it! I have a red 95' and a lot of my car buddies can't believe how well the mopar paint has held up all these years. I would give you some ideas, but apparently you've got your TJ goin so you won't need any advice :rolleyes: . (Call it a hunch, but I'll bet you fall in love with this one after its done and give your son the TJ!! haha :D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yjswampthing said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSS another Square Headlighter is here! Those TJs just don't understand about the old school gauges and the military style shifter do they? Yeah, man. Get that thing up in the air! Get it ready for your son so he can have some girls riding around in it! I have a red 95' and a lot of my car buddies can't believe how well the mopar paint has held up all these years. I would give you some ideas, but apparently you've got your TJ goin so you won't need any advice :rolleyes: . (Call it a hunch, but I'll bet you fall in love with this one after its done and give your son the TJ!! haha :D )
My TJ's not paid for yet, but I already made him the offer. I'd trade him straight-up, but he had to take the payment book with it.:D He declined...;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
BillR said:
Yeah, AZ is nice for buying older rigs. Everyone I showed this thing to is shocked that it's 17 years-old!:cool:
I still have my built '01 TJ, so this one's going to be a DD for my son. We'll do a slow build-up. It has 3:07s, so that will need changing before we go much bigger in tire size.:( Right now, we need to get rid of the sagged springs. Those 30s look too close to the fenders!:eek:
i wheel my jeep with 32's and 3.07 gears its not great but it is very good on gas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Very nice.
We looked at a blue Islander but it wasn't near that clean.
 

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
Joined
·
7,760 Posts
BillR said:
I picked this up yesterday from the original owner who NEVER wheeled it! It has some miles on it, but they're all highway.
'89 Islander, 4.2L, AX-15, dual tops, air, tilt, engine rebuilt 60K ago, new clutch, new rear axle rebuild, new carb and alternator, amazingly maintained! It runs like it looks.

I got a new project!!:D
Hey Bill, nice lookin rig. However I bet your street doesn't look quite that way after this weekend. :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top