Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I'm getting ready for winter/ refreshing some peely painted stuff and need some help.

I have a 60th anniversary edition and I am thoroughly confused when it comes to specs for front and rear ends, tranny, tcase, etc. It seems as if it can always be one of two of each that gets installed. Is there any way to tell what I have via VIN number? Or is there a options plate similar to what VW uses?

Looking for correct fluid and capacity for: t-case, tranny, front and rear.

I guess I can always take pictures and have them verified, but was hoping someone may have the knowledge locked up and ready to spew.

Second, I am removing everything on my jeep that can be bolted down and am stripping, e-coating and powder coating it. Door handles, Rims(done), hinges, etc. I am having a hell of a time with separating the metal from the plastic on the mirrors.

I have soaked them in pb to no avail. I am forced to use a little heat on them I guess to separate. Long story short, I will have to cut off the fancy little rubber boats, are these a dealer item? Anyone have a part number handy?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts