Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen these type threads other places, and they seem to work well. If admin doesn't allow them feel free to delete.
New to wranglers type people can pop in and ask a question they may have but doesn't feel it warrants an entire thread. You experts can pop-in from time to time to help us new people out.
I've had a JKU for about 10 months now, love it.
Some just turned 16 and wants a wrangler for his own. I'm currently working 7 days a week and don't have much time to waste.
I'm going to start looking for him one but (knowing next to nothing about wranglers) I was wondering if there are any particular years/models/options I should stay away from? He has about $9000 to spend.
Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
These things hold their value so well you will have to go into a TJ and an older one at that. I've never seen a JK even an 07 anywhere near $9k. I see later model TJ's (2002-2006) selling for $13-15k all the time so you will have your work cut out to find one for 9k that isn't falling apart or have enough miles to go to the moon and back. A YJ or CJ would be a bit dated to use as a dd so I didn't include them.

I am in Canada though so the prices here are a bit higher to begin with but not enough to make that big of a difference.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay guys, thanks.
So I'm reading nothing particular to stay away from?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys.
Next question.
My JKUS came with black steel 16" wheels and Bridgestone AT's (P245/75R16). I've picked-up a set of 17" take-offs and am wanting to put a little bigger tires on the JK. I will be putting the bigger tires on the 17" wheels I've picked-up.
I've got 13,025 miles showing on the odometer, doing 5 tire rotation (twice) should mean two tires have approximately 8,000 mi on them.
What would be a good starting price for the 16" black wheels and tires if I wanted to sell them?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Have you tried looking in the For Sale section to see what comparable wheels are going for? Kinda hard to gauge sight unseen, so that should give you a price point.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried looking in the For Sale section to see what comparable wheels are going for? Kinda hard to gauge sight unseen, so that should give you a price point.
I haven't yet.
The wheels and tires look like new.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either my Google-fu is weak or there are none for sale on the site.
I even tried googling it.
Nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts