Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a system in my YJ. Right now I'm thinking about ordering Two Rockford Fosgate 12" Subs with an American Pro 2000 Watts amp. It also comes with a 15" High x 15" Deep x 30" Wide box. This setup with shipping cost about $300

This my first vehicle and I'm just shopping the internet. Any suggestion on something better?

Would this box fit behind the rear seat? If not where could I put it?

Thanx for any help!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
i would start by getting a headunit first. i suggest this one, its the newer version of the one i have and the price they are asking is great, cheaper than ebay.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

next move onto speakers, i suggest infinity kappa series speakers, you can find a good deal on ebay.

then i would worry about subs. i run a single 10" audiobahn immortal sub with a MA audio amp. im not big on the RF subs. to save space go with a single high end sub and amp. my sub can put out twice the sound that 2 RF 12's could.

take your time on building your system, don't just go out and spend $400 right out of the bat. for $300 you could get the headunit above and a set of infinity kappa speakers from ebay. then start to save up for a sub and amp. one important thing you must know is that sony is all crap. and when you start looking at amps, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Check this site for great deals... Nearly 200$ off original stuff...

onlinecarstereo.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the help.

That head unit looks pretty big is it gonna fit in my lockbox after i order it? ;)

I found on ebay a pair of INFINITY KAPPA SERIES 52.7I 5-1/4" Speakers?

I also found a set of Alpine mod-pods? They fit under the door. Has anyone used these? Will the Infiniti speakers fit in these wedges? They're supposed to be the right size but I'm just making sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then i would worry about subs. i run a single 10" audiobahn immortal sub with a MA audio amp. im not big on the RF subs. to save space go with a single high end sub and amp. my sub can put out twice the sound that 2 RF 12's could.

I looked for this sub and I think it's been discontinued? What do you suggest next best thing?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thought this would be a good thread to throw in my question. I already updated my head unit(Dual XHD7714) and kicker speakers. I want to add a subwoofer but want it easily removable as in powered subwoofers. Has anyone heard of Boss BASS600. What would be a good setup that is out of view and can be easily removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts