Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, this is a very welcome site for me & I'd like to thank you guys for you knowledge, comments & experience on our Tj's, very cool info here. I have a Red 04' Sport hard top w/Rt hand drive, (postal employee here) I have added a Rancho 2 1/2" rock-crusher lift, Mopar Euro grill guard, Rino lined interior, Daves safari cargo rack, Class III reciever, Hella Drivers, Rocker guards w/step, Optima red top, 31/10-50/15's on OE Canyons. I ordered the Jeep and completed these mods within a couple months of new ownership. Now 4 yrs later I'm getting bored, whats your opinion on Chrome & Stainless mods? Steve

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
IMO - the only chrome, or bling that is allowed are wheels... and maybe those big tube bumpers, but those are pushing it :D

Seriously though - if ya wanna ad some chrome, go for it. Just might not be what everyone likes as long as you do.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
IMO chrome only belongs on motorcycles. I like the utility look that blacking everything out gives the jeep, but w/e you like I'd say go for it. If you're bored maybe a new paint job or convert everything to black instead.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Chrome is nice, but I prefer the black powder coated stuff.

Chrome on a black jeep is still pretty hot, but as mine is white I like the black stuff on it.

~Lev

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Chrome won't get you home. :D

But, it's your Jeep. You do whatever you want with it.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
whats wrong with chrome??? black looks like you ran out of money to get it finished. then again, its seems like everyone elses opinions are the ones that seem to count.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here is a totally deferent opinion, I love the shine. Stay away from chrome, it rust quick. Go stainless. Lots less cleaning required. Chrome may not get you home, but the Jeep will, and the chrome just keeps you looking good on the way.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
black looks like you ran out of money to get it finished...
I do run outta money and the damn thing is never finished there is always somegthing more to do! :doh: :flipoff: :D

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Black won't get you back
but fox will rock your socks :punk: ...what is with all this rhyming garbage. lol you guys are so funny!:rofl:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
that doesn't rhyme by good try...I guess.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
oh...:D its all about the skill...lol

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
You all are forgetting, that he delivers the mail. PUT all the Chrome on, you want, so we will feel better about paying so much, for stamps............:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just let me say if I may, that chrome is gay, but it will get you to the bay, and maybe a lay in the hay, yes, it just may!!! :wavey:

Chrome Schmome!!!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
All personal preference, I prefer quality steel in my mods but if they look good it's a bonus. Not my speed but if it were I would go with the stainless, powder coated, or the blued finish on a Red Jeep. Chrome looks good on Black only IMO.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts