Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Newbie here. Lots of questions to how to install new lights to what exhaust I should get.

But, what I really want to know is what are those covers on my bumper? I think I have the stock front bumper for the Backcountry Edition. I can't figure out what they are covering.

Maybe tow hooks? I don't know but the covers are a pain to take off.

TIA!

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
They are "Crush Cans". They give your rigid steel front bumper the ability to give in a low speed collision. There is nothing under there of interest. They are just there so they can crush in a low speed frontal impact.
There are holes on each side just below the main part of the bumper, holes in thick steel plates. That is where you can attach D rings for pulling your jeep out or pulling someone elses Jeep out. The AEV bumper does not have hooks built in, it has those big holes in those big plates that you can attach D ring shackles to.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello

Newbie here. Lots of questions to how to install new lights to what exhaust I should get.

But, what I really want to know is what are those covers on my bumper? I think I have the stock front bumper for the Backcountry Edition. I can't figure out what they are covering.

Maybe tow hooks? I don't know but the covers are a pain to take off.

TIA!

Maybe post a pic of what you’re referring to?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are "Crush Cans". They give your rigid steel front bumper the ability to give in a low speed collision. There is nothing under there of interest. They are just there so they can crush in a low speed frontal impact.
There are holes on each side just below the main part of the bumper, holes in thick steel plates. That is where you can attach D rings for pulling your jeep out or pulling someone elses Jeep out. The AEV bumper does not have hooks built in, it has those big holes in those big plates that you can attach D ring shackles to.

Thanks man! I just ordered some D rings and a tow rope. My cousin is sending me a couple of his KC lights from another JK. Any quick mods I can make to stand out? I'm in Denver and don't want to look like just an Jeeper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts