Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep Newbie here, i have a 05 tj unlimited 2dr with 31x10.5x15 on it, no lift, the steering feels loose but DW loose. any suggestions on what to look at to correct. bought it used, have not replaced anything up front.

Will a steering stabilizer help?

Another question... have an automatic, i know, sacrilige right, but previous back problems prevent standards...anyway, at at 50mph the engine runs weird, like i am in too low a gear, any suggestions or even get what i am saying?

thanks all, be gentle on the newbie, as gump would say, I am not a very smart man...

·
Registered
981 Posts
Is that to say there is no steering stabilizer on there at all right now? because there should be one!

I believe the newer 4sp trans with the OD, this is a common complaint. Seems to shift into OD too soon.

Welcome to the forum, hope others can shed more light on the issues at hand for ya

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Ball joints, hub bearing assembly, track bar mounts, tie rod ends and control arm bushings check and make sure everything is in good shape

And the trans shifting so much is due to the 31's with stock gearing, only thing you can do id down shift or regear

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I have an 06 auto unlimited.
The overdrive is super high and switches on when you hit 45 mph. When I had 31's it was the same for me. No need for concern.
My steering is also a little loose at top center. I am going to replace all of the linkage w/ hd stuff soon. But also no major cause for concern yet.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Got any pics of your set up? Mainly the steering components.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I can take some later, broke my hand and I'm waiting to see the doc. Not climbing under right now. I'm also sitting on 3" of lift in the front. So tie rods will look different.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I can take some later, broke my hand and I'm waiting to see the doc. Not climbing under right now. I'm also sitting on 3" of lift in the front. So tie rods will look different.
No no I was thinking the OP should send us some pics of his. He has me curious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts