Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie from Loveland here. Just got my first Wrangler project (1987 softop with a 4.2L/5spd manual), been around cherokees forever but the wranglers a whole new learning experience.

First question with regards to this wonderful aircare colorado/emissions testing bs that we now have up here. The prev owner put a motorcraft 2100 with aftermarket air intake, and it looks like a distributor with the ignition coil built in. The bad part is all the vacuum lines are cut/missing, all it has emissions wise is the pulse air system from the exhuast, the charcoal canister was flooded with antifreeze from one of the prev owners connecting the overflow tank to it instead of a vacuum line.

Can anyone tell me how to get this thing through the tailpipe test without having to rebuild everything that was with the stock emissions junk on there? I really like the motorcraft and dont want to swap carbs in the worst way, and cant afford at FI swap as im limited budget wise.

Also anyone know any shops in northern colorado that I could run it therough for a mock test before i even try to take it through an aircare ststion?

thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you go through the emissions test and fail, you get a second chance after that you just have to pay $150 and its waived.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts