Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys this is my first time posting and my first jeep

I bought a 94 yj about 3 weeks ago for 1800 with 170000 miles
The truck is pretty rough looking, but the frame is in great condition the engine sounds nice too

Things I'm planing on doing this coming up month is replace the floor pan on the driver side and replace the transmission skid plate

I already bought the replacement pieces and they just arrived today

What I do need help with is the suspension. My leaf springs are in okay condition but my shocks are shot already
I want to buy an RC 4" lift kit on eBay but idk if I need to buy any more parts on top of that I think I read I need to get new break lines but is there anything else I need

I also want to get a 1" body lift...... Will I need any other parts for that as well

Thanks for the help
Omar

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Jeep

This is how it looks right now

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
looks nice, it looks like you already have a 4" lift? You will need extended brake lines and the kit comes with drop down brackets/bars that lower your xfer case. Sounds like some install a SYE, slip yoke eliminator, with realigns your drive shaft. Some have vibration issues and some don't when using the supplied brackets that come in the kit....I don't have any issues and I have the 4" kit. Most think the body lifts are ugly and I personally wouldn't do it, but thats just me....1" doesn't look too bad. It's all preference. What size tires do you run, 33"s? I am still wearing out the 30"s that are on mine with a 4" lift-kinda funky looking. I have black rims now for the "stealth" look:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steves92 said:
looks nice, it looks like you already have a 4" lift? You will need extended brake lines and the kit comes with drop down brackets/bars that lower your xfer case. Sounds like some install a SYE, slip yoke eliminator, with realigns your drive shaft. Some have vibration issues and some don't when using the supplied brackets that come in the kit....I don't have any issues and I have the 4" kit. Most think the body lifts are ugly and I personally wouldn't do it, but thats just me....1" doesn't look too bad. It's all preference. What size tires do you run, 33"s? I am still wearing out the 30"s that are on mine with a 4" lift-kinda funky looking. I have black rims now for the "stealth" look:)
Thanks, I wanted to put a new one in since this one looks like its about to go out. And whats the sye for? Where did you get your kit and did you install it yourself?

I want to get the 1" b/c it's not that noticeable

I believe they are 31"s I'm planing on painting them later on but I'm more worried on the fixing the major problems and I also want to go for the stealth look lol

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The SYE helps in the angle of the drive shaft when you lift the Jeep more than 4"..supposedly takes the vibration away from the universal when it is at an angle it's not designed to be at. The kit comes with a "quick"solution without having to spend the money for the SYE. I got mine from 4 wheel parts and ran about 500 bucks with the extended stainless brake lines. Yes, I installed it myself and was not that bad for me....if you are mechanically inclined, you can do it. Supposedly people had issues with rusted bolts and having to cut the nuts off to remove them but I had no trouble with mine. Suggestion; spray all the nuts with PB Blaster a few days ahead of time and maybe even 2x to help in the process of removing old nuts/bolts.:punk:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts