Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

Just wanted to intorduce myself, I didn't know about the local forums untill 30 min ago...

I bought my first Jeep about a month ago!
She is an 02 X
She seems to be stock except the rims and 31s.
I am planning on a 2.5" OME lift and 1" BL and some 33's by spring time.

I've never really been out on the trails but I am an avid camper/explorer of CO. Hope to meet some like minded guys/gals to show me the ropes in the spring!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Welcome. Where's abouts in co are you Colorado Springs here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome!! This has been a awesome place for me. :D I have gotten to know some really good people here. I've had a great summer running with the pack. I've learned so much from some of these guys. I hope to meet you on the trail some time.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Welcome!! I would consider skipping the body lift and go 3.5 SL instead. BL if your planning on some high clearance skids. there is really no other good reason for a BL IMO.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Colo-TJ said:
Welcome!! I would consider skipping the body lift and go 3.5 SL instead. BL if your planning on some high clearance skids. there is really no other good reason for a BL IMO.
I'd listen to Chad. He knows where of he speaks. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This is a great group of guys and gals....they'll give you advice, help you fix anything you might break, and just an all around fun group to hang around with

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input. With a 3.5 SL would I need any driveline changes (SYE CV) I am looking to keep it as budget friendly as possible since this is also my DD and I average at least a tank a week in town.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Welcome!! Good to always find another Jeeper from Colorado.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the input. With a 3.5 SL would I need any driveline changes (SYE CV) I am looking to keep it as budget friendly as possible since this is also my DD and I average at least a tank a week in town.
I have a 4" lift and 33 on my jeep. I average 16 to 17 mpg. When I can keep it under 55 mph. :whistling:

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
3.5 would be you max without a sye... it would be recommended to do a t-case drop which comes with the kit most of the time. if not it's cheap enough. SYE you can do later.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3.5 would be you max without a sye... it would be recommended to do a t-case drop which comes with the kit most of the time. if not it's cheap enough. SYE you can do later.
Ok good to know I remember seeing a RE 3.5 SL kit, being new I want to make sure that I am getting the most bang for my buck. Are RE quality parts? Would it be best to go with the Bilstein 5100 series shocks with a kit like this?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, that's funny. Wait until we figure out that there are four quarters not just one and we'll be in business!:facepalm:
Amen to that!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am up in Brighton, CO.

A few of us are trying to put together a run to Barbour Fork outside of Idaho Springs this Saturday (tomorrow) if you are interested.

Barbour Fork is a pretty easy trail, I have not done it myself but between some that have and traildamage.com it seems to be an interesting but easy trail.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts