Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've introduced myself in the newbie forum I have a question. I am wanting to lift my 2004 Stock Sahara 2-3". I'd like to do it myself. I am pretty sure I have plent of at home mechanic experience to get the job done. I do not want to do this cheaply nor do I want to spend a lot. I'd like to go up to 32-33" tires eventually.

With all that said what kit do you guys recommend. I am wanting something that does not require major structural changes. Bolts and nuts preferably.

Ray in SA,TX

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
These are the lifts that are typically recommended on here. Avoid Skyjacker and Rough Country.

If you have a <$600 budget, check out Zone. If you have $800, check out BDS and OME. If you are looking for the really good lifts ($2000+), check out Metal Cloak and Curry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, appreciate it. Definitely want to go with a reliable long lasting kit so I will check these out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant to ask. I am sure it's a matter of preference, but body or suspension lift. I'd think suspension is more reliable and better off road. Body more for looks? Think I answered my own question. :)

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I meant to ask. I am sure it's a matter of preference, but body or suspension lift. I'd think suspension is more reliable and better off road. Body more for looks? Think I answered my own question. :)
Actually one of the best and most popular ways to lift is a combination of the two. Body lifts of more than 1.25" are not recommended. Not only do they look bad, but it's kind of like building a house on stilts. I recommend you check out the OME ultimate kit from DPG Offroad. It is a medium cost kit with very good on and off road manners. Old Man Emu is a highly respected suspension parts builder. And the folks at DPG will help you to get the proper spring rates for your set up. Old Man Emu Ultimate TJ/LJ Wrangler Kit | dpgoffroad.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts