Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 TJ unlimited and want to put a lift on it. I only want maybe 2 inches. Any thoughts on a body lift versus suspension? Also, any ideas on the cost? I don't want to get hosed walking into a mod shop looking/acting like a newbie owner. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And from what I've read a 2" - 3" lift should complicate the integrity of the suspension correct?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
And from what I've read a 2" - 3" lift should complicate the integrity of the suspension correct?
I would restate it as, spring lifts over 3" get more complicated = more $$$ to do it right.

Many of us are big fans of running 33" tires with the Zone 4.25" Combo kit ($529) which has 3" springs, 1.25" body lift, and a 1" Motor Mount lift (corrects driveshaft angles).

Reactions: Crafty42

·
Registered
15 Posts
I run the Zone 3" suspension lift on my 01 TJ and it fits 33's fine. No rubbing when I offroad. It came with the transfer case drop, since I didn't do the body lift and motor mount lift. Either will work fine for you, just depends on how much of a lift you want.

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
This is the thread where I recently installed this 1.75"-2" spacer lift (budget boost) and I couldn't be happier. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/adding-1-75-comfort-ride-spacer-lift-2006122.html
I have no drastic changes in any of the suspension geometry and therefore no driveline vibrations at all.

This kit was only $129.99, it rides great and will allow me to go from 31's to 32's. And because my Jeep is my daily driver and I don't go offroad, I just wanted to give it a little more aggressive look without a complicated and expensive lift.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What leveling kit did you use? Do you have any problems with loose steering or cornering on the street? My Jeep is going to be 90% for street as a daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts