Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am buying a 2018 JK Sahara 4 door and want to put 35" tires on it and a small lift. It won't be going off road (please don't flame me LOL) so I don't need anything special. I looked at some lift on the Quadratec website and I just confused myself completely. I would like a 2.5 lift and i'm not sure if I need springs, shocks, long arms etc.. Would a Daystar KJ09143BK 2-3/4" Combo Lift Kit work. It seems like there is a HUGE price difference for different 2.5-3" lifts. Can anyone shed a little light on this for me. BTW - this is a new Jeep so there are no miles on the current suspension parts.

The last Jeep I had was a 2013 JK 4dr Sahara but the dealer had installed the wheels/tires and lift and I have no idea what brand they used.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you don't plan to wheel your Jeep, get a 2.5 budget boost. They will accommodate a set of 35s just fine. The BB is pretty cheap and it will not mess with your ride quality from stock.

I would not spend thousands of dollars on a real lift if I did not plan to take it off road.

Also, I hope you stick to your original modification plans and not do what I did. I started with a 2.5 lift and 33s. I now have a 3.5 lift and 35s, now looking at 37s. I just never seem to be satisfied with my lift mods, LOL!

I also own a Sahara JKU, 2015. If I was to buy a JKU or JLU now, I would buy a Sport S. It would have saved me thousands, which I could have used for all the mods I did on my Sahara.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,384 Posts
Here's what happens when you lift a jeep (with spacers or springs)
  • The front axle will move to the passenger side, some lifts have a adjustable track bar that corrects it, some don't.
  • The rear axle will move to the passenger side, some lifts have a bracket or track bar to correct it, some don't.
  • The front axle will move to the center of the Jeep, some lifts use control arms to correct it, some don't.
  • The rear axle will move to the center, some lifts use control arms to correct it, some don't.
  • The front axle will rotate decreasing your caster, some lifts correct that, some don't.
You need to decide which of those you can live with and which of those you want to correct, then pick the appropriate lift. That's part of why you see so much variation in the price of lifts. The other part is cheaper parts, like shocks.

Good luck!! :thumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
What ever you pick....google pics of everything as there is plenty of pics that will show you exactly what you will wind up with in all combinations. 2" on 33's or 35's, 4" with 32's or 37's etc.

3.5" AEV lift on 35's.

jeep.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts