Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the forum. I own a hyper green 2016 jku. Im looking for input on 3" lift kits and wheel/ tires. Wondering what lift kits you all recommend and what wheels and tires everyone likes. Looking to stay with a 17-18 inch wheel and nothing too crazy for tires. This will be my wife's daily driver. She is looking to make her jeep stand out. Thanks for your input. Cody

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As you've probably figured out already, you have a lot of choices when it comes to modding/upgrading a JKU. Research is your best bet...read, read ,read. I started in a similar place a year and a half ago. This forum and others like it will provide you a vast amount of info. Manufacturers are surprising easy and open to talk with. The Jeeping world is quite friendly and helpful.

Having said all that, I'll list the top lifts I came up with when I was starting out.

- MetalCloak
- TeraFlex
- Rock Crawler
- AEV

I run the MetalCloak Game Changer, and it's fantastic. M.C. has a unique DuroFlex joint. You can view the install/review in my build thread. Don't skimp on the lift, don't do cheap. When selecting components to put on the Jeep, try to exceed what the factory engineers have worked on for years to perfect. I hope this helps. Take your time and read/understand it all. Lastly, try and be cognizant of the weight you are adding. Weight is the enemy of performance. Don't forget to upgrade your brakes. Best of luck with your build, looking forward to seeing it progress.

-Steven

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Also looking to upgrade the headlights.
I love J.W. Speaker for headlights. I've also read good reviews on the new KC Hilites.

For vendors, check out Quadratec, Northridge 4x4, Morris 4x4.

-Steven

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have to agree with @Buildit, I am a big fan of the MetalCloak lifts. I have the MC Overland Elite suspension and it rides great, just need to test it offroad now.

Good luck with your build!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts