Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys! I bought a 06 wrangler last week and this morning i got about a mile down the road and my front end ( i think driver side) started jumping shaking and i thought my tire was going to fall off ... i have no clue what was going on ...it lasted about 8-10 seconds and was over .... i pulled over checked out what might b wrong but couldent see any thing. Any thoughts? Thanks!
06 wrangler se
auto
front wench bumper with xrc 8 wench
2" super lift 2" body
33-10.5 r15 tiers
Front disconnects (dont know how to use)
6 kc lights⅝
Magnaflow exhaust system
thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
If it only lasted 8-10 seconds, then I would check out the following: ball joints, universals, tie rod, wheel out of balance, shocks, bad tire.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congrats on your new jeep! (espically on the '06 like me!) I'd listen to the above suggestions, they're pretty good!

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I have HAD DW was not constant!! Was "triggered" by bumps or turning and bumps--it was "hit and miss" might show up 2x one day and than not for several days. It would only stop when I slowed below 20mph. (scary at 45-50mph!!)

Rotate and balanced tires it went away. This was 2 sets of tires ago. And started after tires were rotated--second rotation/ balance "fixed it".

·
Registered
495 Posts
Also add: loose track bar, wheel alignment. Some of those are fairly easy to verify or rule out. Others you'll probably want to find a good shop or a knowledge buddy. It helps to get the Jeep up in the air so you can easily get under it to check out all the components, lift the wheels and move them back and forth, etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
How many miles on your Jeep? I bought mine about a month ago, it had 120k on it but was a southern jeep and had no rust. It felt loose in the front end so I ordered all new suspension components, I went after market HD:
front and rear upper/lower control arms, trak bar, tie rod and drag link, sway links and all new shocks. My wife refused to get in the jeep when I first got it and she loves Jeeps, it was just to damn squirrely, now it feels solid off road and on road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hay guys computer crashed... sorry .... no news on the jeep yet i took it back to the dealership sense i only had it a week at first they said it needed a track bar bracket now there saying it just needed alighment there going to drive it some more b4 i get it back ... thanks for all the good info .... it has 72000 mi on it ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts